Egnater Renegade 112
Egnater Renegade 112

Tube Combo Guitar Amp from Egnater belonging to the Renegade series.

nickname009 nickname009
Publié le 04/18/11 à 17:25
As for featuers, this renegade amp has got pretty much EVERYTHING one would ever need in a 1x12 combo! Specs are as listed:

65-Watt All-Tube Amp
Two Independent Channels Each With: Volume, Gain, 3-Band EQ
Tight and Bright Voicing Switches
18w / 65w Wattage Selector Switch
Tube Mix Blends 6L6 and EL34 Power Tubes
Master Controls:Presence & Density Individual Reverb on Each Channel with “Spillover”
Main and Secondary Master Volumes
Simple Master Bias Adjust with External Test Points
Buffered Effects Loop
Four-Button Footswitch with Channel Select Plus: Assign the REVERB, EFFECTS LOOP and MAIN 2 Volume to Just Channel 1, Just Channel 2 or Both - Right From the Pedal
Balanced XLR Cabinet Voiced Line / Recording Output
100V / 115V / 230V Voltage Selector

Even with all the included features this combo isn't any harder to tweak or use. No manual is necessary.

I can easily get a good sound even with everything set at noon.

It's an amp! All you gotta do is turn the knobs till you find a good setting.

I like this amp a lot! It's almost hard to believe that such a combo can sound so great and still be so very versatile!

cleans: depending on how you set it can be very clean with lots of headroom or act like a single channel amp with some nice breakup. The bright switch is VERY effective, I can get some VERY close to fender-esque cleans out of it, VERY clean if you want it to be!

dirty: I like it! there's a certain almost marshall-esque sound from this amp which I like. The 6l6/el34 variable tube knob DOES seem to do something in terms of tone but it's very subtle, not extreme enough to be useful for me. The 18/65 watt setting also seems to be a bit too subtle for me, it could be dependent on how much or how little gain one uses for it to be more dramatic.

Otherwise, the gain structure is very versatile you can do a LOT with this amp! It can get very high gain if you want it to and the cleans are very very extremely clean if you want it to be too. I like to play a wide variety of styles of music and I like amps that can get along with the different styles.

It also sounds great a low volumes!

The reverb is also quite decent. I like that each channel has it's own adjustable reverb, and with SPILLOVER? Wow!! Would've never thought an amp builder would've included that! It's great!!!!

Overall it's a very versatile amp! Great cleans and great distortions that can go from extremely clean to extremely high gain!

For the price, this has got to be one of the most versatile amps out in the market today! I still can't believe that it's made in china and yet sounds so good! This amp is now my reference amp, every guitar I need to test will be plugged through this amp. It's great, versatile and affordable! I currently can't say anything about it's reliability as I didn't yet get a chance to gig with it, though I know most of egnater's amps have had mainly just tube issues.