ENGL E300 Gig Master 30 Combo
ENGL E300 Gig Master 30 Combo

Tube Combo Guitar Amp from ENGL belonging to the Gigmaster series.

kévin-66 kévin-66

«  Good amp but to improve »

Published on 02/27/14 at 01:19
This is an all-tube amp
2 channels with boost (+ a mid boost)
knobs from left to right: input gain (change the character of the amp), lead drive (gain channel 2 + / - compressed played on the volume a bit), equation 3 band, reverb, lead volume (low point I 'll explain below), three buttons (controllable by foot), a master.
footswich
effects loop
30 watts
reverb to ressrt

config pretty damn complete no need for manual (I did not have and I'm out)
The sound for the price of the amp is great, you can play everything with this amp. Playing with the input gain knob you change the grain of the amp. Stronger it is clear channel will crunch and therefore the modern lead.
This amp and very changeable depending on the settings, you can be very disappointed if one knob is turned ... It requires a certain mastery.
This gives a very good sound a little research.

It suits my style of music (blues, rock, hard rock, heavy).
As mentioned above through the input gain knob can change the character of the amp, however the back of the coin is that the volume changes too much and it is not easy to achieve a balance between the two channels .

With its sg sending with a cort rise emg sending it (I rediscovered with this amp). It meets many guitars and play A warm, sometimes too much, I say "dark". I think this is due to the power, the sound should open with the master but it hurts my ears ... 2

Channel 1 can go from a clear to a crunch (which I prefer)
The crunch, a little research, is magnificent. Parcontre lead the way is admittedly ... because too compressed and indented but ok if you play primarily on a crunch (channel 1) properly adjusted. The volume of this channel is too low, I have to put it back and start the gain boost when I go solo. A volume pedal-type Fv 500 is necessary for me who has not yet mastered the beast.

I've had less than me, I will update in some time with more experience.

I tried a lot of stuff in the store at the last moment I jumped on it

The +:
- The versatile side
- Footswitch (sold but not great costal)
- Grain (which can sculpt)
- The power (even too strong)
- The weight
The -:
- Amp is light, good for the back but it's a little cheap
- The reverb
- The effects loop (accentuates the reverb: it can quickly become dmg .....)
- Components (the transformer are very small, must make their evidence with time ...)
- The volume of the lead channel (I thoroughly)

the price / quality ratio is good, the sound is great, I am wary of the quality yet. To see the time, I'm still very satisfied.

Oui, Audiofanzine utilise des cookies. Et comme la dernière chose que nous voudrions serait de perturber votre alimentation avec des choses trop grasses ou trop sucrées, sachez que ces derniers sont fait maison avec des produits frais, bio, équitables et dans des justes proportions nutritives.
Ce que cela veut dire, c’est que les infos que nous y stockons ne visent qu’à simplifier votre usage du site comme à améliorer votre expérience sur nos pages (en savoir plus).

Il s'agit de cookies qui garantissent le bon fonctionnement du site Audiofanzine. Le site Web ne peut pas fonctionner correctement sans ces cookies. Exemples : cookies vous permettant de rester connecté de page en page ou de personnaliser votre utilisation du site (mode sombre ou filtres).