< Tous les avis Peavey Classic 30 [1993-2004]

Tube Combo Guitar Amp from Peavey belonging to the Classic series

AceLeppard AceLeppard

«  Very good price / quality ratio! Excellent for beginners, and more! »

Published on 01/25/12 at 13:37
All-tube combo amp, a single speaker Peavey Blue Marvel, 4 EL84 power, and three 12AX7 preamp. 30 watts of power, very strong!
spring reverb
mono effects loop.
Two channels clean and saturated, sharing the same 3-band eq and the same reverb.
A button to "boost"
channel change / activation of the optional footswitch for reverb.
Coating "tweed" for mine!

Probably missing a few settings and features, but it does what is asked!

The general setup is super simple, the manual useless, except perhaps to know the exact impedance of the speaker output, for example.
We obtain easily a very good sound, regardless of the channel.
It is more compact and relatively lightweight, easy to transport.

I shall not use, for the most part and I possessed, that the clean channel, great platform for my period "Ayatollah of effects pedals!"
Nothing to say, for this type of use is absolutely nickel. Neutral so malleable, while still warm.
Then I saw the excellent crunch channel-full, a blues-rock grain Rican very interesting, excellent base for a tube screamer, for example. I still see one as soon as I try, this amp is very common!

I used it for over a year, when my transistor watts enough do me more! I had not tried other models, the mine was sold for 300 euros with the reverb out of use. I used all ways to a Boss RV-5 to compensate for this minor inconvenience. I finally part with it to fund the complete renovation of my Epiphone Les Paul. I think I should have to keep it, because it is an excellent amp.

The value for money is very very good, and you can find it for anything in time, and easily too.
A clear channel neutral but warm (can be worse than a Fender all things), a tough drive (much better than a hot rod in this case!), An effects loop, power controllable, a practical and well thought out ergonomics, this may be the perfect club amp!

Rant for the optional footswitch, now found in stores.
It appears that a transformation of Hp transfigures ...

The choice would be to do again, I would do, and I can be cracked one day again if an opportunity presents itself ... ;)