< Tous les avis Peavey Classic 30 [1993-2004]

blackblues blackblues

«  An amp that sounds before crash »

Published on 03/04/12 at 09:32
30W tube amp, everything has been said before

Very simple configuration, no need to open any textbook, it's let his ears! It still lacks a master and a standby for my taste.

I play mainly classic rock and blues. It is perfect for these styles and may extend to hard rock (in the vein of TDCA). The clean is really not bad, not screaming and contrary to what I read here and there (well that's just my personal opinion). I play mainly with a Gibson ES 335. There are better, but if you do a price / her, he is doing very well.

It should be noted however one thing which I think is very important and that few reported opinions (some say the opposite): this amp is very very CHEAP:
- The HP is throwing
- The transformers are undersized, and are easily slam hyper expensive (it is power supply or output)
- Fixed non-adjustable bias
- Lamp holders in toc (and vibration)
- Shameful design: three circuits in G connected by metal straps farting easily generating element failures while making many complicated troubleshooting (all technicians will tell you)
- Everything is calculated for it to return as little as possible at the expense of reliability.

In short, I have this amp for 3 years, I really take care (this is not my first tube amp) but I turned around with, and he fell down two times (two transformer grilled at the same time). I had tried other amp before buying it, but comparing price / her, I had set my heart on the classic 30: big mistake. If you want an amp in a rehearsal room that moves ever so why not, but for the live, add a little money, you will at least trust your gear and more, you will regain!

I would do this choice? Obviously not.