Peavey Ultra 112 Combo
Peavey Ultra 112 Combo

Tube Combo Guitar Amp from Peavey belonging to the Ultra series.

Hugue310 Hugue310
Publié le 11/10/10 à 10:46
Everything has been said and not being a pro I will avoid writing errors but basically everything is a combo 60w lamps with a clear channel with its own EQ and two others for the loadings: either way "crunch" or "ultra", and for everyone the chance to equalize, increase the saturation level, volume and gain. They share the equalizer and it's been pretty good.
It also has a reverb available for each channel and a boost to increase the resonance. This has the effect of making the sound more "punchy". Entry HiGain and LowGain:)

Having unfortunately never had the manual so I have always been free and it's not complicated: it connects the guitar to the amp, is heated ( 5 to 10 minutes) then put StandBy "ON" and voilou:)

Question "her" yes it sounds a little amp, but I always found the sound of the ULTRA too "dull" despite various settings, guitar pedals and then finally I decided to invest in a good jack.
This may sound silly but I assure you that since I never heard my amp sound so good. And frankly it sounds !!!!!

For example with AMT SS-20 and although the amp sounds better without frankly, no problem with that.

EDIT: Having re-did the test with the AMT is ultimately sound better defines this lovely pedal, especially the clean sound. You lose a little side "natural" but gains in cleanliness. Again, it becomes aware that the speaker is not the best of the best. But the Ultra is very good without the addition of the AMT.

Yes because I have always agreed with a lot of saturation at the base and being on my side of the metal is quite pleasant. No need for metal area and co.

I said that I play on a ESP KH2 so that helps too.
If you want a metal sound has been a rock sound and well again without problem. Personally I use the same channel "crunch" to the metal and I keep the "ultra" for the lead.

My only criticism is that the enclosure seems to have its limitations in defining the sound and the clear sound that has nothing mirobolant.
I used it with a 4x12 cabinet JS but I prefer it without.
He served in many concerts and even in studio pro although again it shows its limits, but honestly it's still a good amp that I finally can not separate myself, I realized that it might be more than its price (even if I had bought at high prices at the time).

I use it since 2000 and this is my first amp but I had the opportunity to play on many other models including the heavy and the ULTRA not be ashamed necessarily.

What I like most, the possibility of having a panel of its quite nice and what I dislike is its weight (it is heavy !!!!!).

Finally level value for money it's still good at all.

With the experience I confess that I do not know if I would do the same choice. I have more experience now and I'm looking now to get it over but for a first amp is a great choice when you discover the world of electric guitars to play at all or that in rehearsal.

I would not even be surprised to make it sound great in studio, but that's another story ...

Very good little amp