Bugera 333XL
Bugera 333XL
Audiofanzine FR 03/08/2009

Bugera 333XL : Audiofanzine FR's user review

(Originally written by humpecker/translated from Audiofanzine FR)
120-watt, three-channel tube amp

Master, presence, reverb and boost are common to all three channels.

You'll surely notice that even though I give it good (or excellent) marks the overall mark is not so good, that's because of its reliability.

Very simple configuration.

No problems, it sounds good. Almost everyone (and especially rockers and metal heads) will find it has a nice clean sound, a versatile crunch for blues and hard rock, and a hot distortion for solos. Once again: a good mark regarding sound.

In spite of the good marks above (comprehensive features, easy to use, good sound) one thing is clear: it's a shitty amp head! I played half a dozen rehearsals with it and it has been in repair ever since. I know it's not expensive and the manufacturing quality is not the best (that's what the service technician said). The PSU of mine broke (it's a clear sign of low quality). The footswitch doesn't work properly (LEDs don't light on anymore) and the boost function is reversed (the boost is on when the indicator is off)!!! For all these reasons I don't recommend this amp and I would never buy it again. Remember: if you buy cheap you'll end up paying dear! I knew it already but I was too foolish.