Fender Band-Master VM
Fender Band-Master VM

Tube Guitar Amp Head from Fender belonging to the Bandmaster series.

Ravage Alliance Club Ravage Alliance Club

«  Skivvy! »

Published on 06/13/13 at 04:58
Head 40w tube.
There are also some transistors (especially the clean channel).
3 usable and independent foot switchable digital effects.
No master volume (-1 for my note)

Simple configuration: channels each have their equalizer.
Left the clean channel, amid the crunch, the right effects.
It is fairly intuitive. The pots are very reactive, which is quite significant.

No surprise to clean: this is the fender, and good!
The amp generally high dynamic.
It is perfect with a strat to make funk.

The crunch channel is under the hood as opposed to what I read in other reviews! And it is possible to return to clean with the gain to 2/3. So no problem for entire range of sound between the purest clean and distortion.
To give you an idea, the headroom is sufficient to properly play the metallica the good old days with a guitar with a humbucker.
Again the EQ settings are effective.
One small criticism: the sound tends to compress when the gain is pushed. Nothing too much though.

Effects: surprise! I have not bought the amp for it but I am forced to find that they are quite usable. Well, the reverb is invasive: no more than 1 or 2 knob in for me. But other effects (chorus, delay) are of good quality and editing numerous enough buttons.

Purchased to replace my Vox AC15 C1 (which has a truly despicable crunch), I find an amp to clear his inimitable. And good surprise, the drive channel is really convincing!
I was thinking of using the Fender complement my JCM 2000 during my concerts (thanks to Two Amps One Cab P & P Amplification), but I realize that I could provide some small concerts with only the head fender and without pedalboard!
In short, a good product at a budget price. Made in Mexico, it is still better than China ...
Note that 5-year warranty by Fender, it is rather interesting.
Another argument in favor of the weight: 11kgs only.