Mesa Boogie TransAtlantic TA-15 Head
Mesa Boogie TransAtlantic TA-15 Head
Syzigy Syzigy

« It's really the ball! »

Publié le 02/24/11 à 03:37
- All tube amp, switchable from 5 to 15 to 25 watts per channel.
- 2 channels with EQ, bass and treble only, for each channel.
- Channel 1 has a volume and a cut / master ", the 2nd channel has a gain and a master&#39;s degree.
- 2 "modes" for channel 1 and 3 "mode for channel 2.
- A switch on / off, stand by, hp output at 4 and 8 ohm output footswitch at the front. (And of course a guitar input!)
- Nothing that is already seeing his very comprehensive, it can be a little scared as many adjustments at the beginning, knowing that each user has a particular sound and that the fact of change of power on a particular mode changes greatly sound. But all the settings remains quite readable and very understandable.
- At this point I would say that this amp deserves a 9 / 10 because it is vrément well supplied, I would not put 10 because of the reverb. The TA-30 has a priori and that I could see and hear on the net is rather pretty. For my part I would stick a Malekko chicklet is vrément gives her a nice deep sound.
- If you want to see the character in detail have a look at the site of Mesa, in addition there are demo videos, you can also watch the TA-30 because it is the same in 30 watt with reverb, not change significantly from its TA-15.

- So there&#39;s a bit complicated. We get no sound easily, although against his son in almost all cases. I would say that the manual (downloadable from the site of mesa) can clearly help to understand the difference in the sound channels and modes.
- Despite all its possibilities is very intuitive (provided that this is not your first amp).
- What you should know is that this amp offers English and American sounds (well, yeah "Transatlantic" is not for nothing!).
- You still need to look a little on the amp and titillated the knobs for some time to understand how it works, try Me I almost 1:30 in the store before buying it, and I put another 2 good hours for me to find some different settings.
- I would put again a 9 / 10, because despite the settings and the sound possibilities Available you understand everything pretty easily. Having spend a few hours to adjust his amp compared to his game and his grat&#39;s normal.

- The sound ... There are many! For my part I plug in a Gibson Les Paul tradition in, and I hook this little head into a Mesa Rectifier 2x12 cabinet, I also use an Xotic Ep boost to the amp more easily saturated.
- On channel 1 there are two modes, the first "normal" is dedicated to sound cleans up a slight crunch. The advantage of this mode (and even the amp) is that leaving the power to 5 watts and pushing volume bin twists his sound (like any good tube amp!). In this mode, playing with the EQ gives sound bluesy, funky, jazzy .. short everything you need. In addition this mode accepts all pedals very well, I stuck a Satchurator is a MT-2, Xotic a boost ... and each time her son. The cut / master acts as a master pulled out position, and pushed the cut position acts on the treble, it allows to add the gloss and gives a clapping sound, and then remove them to give a heavy side and fat sound. This mode is very versatile and can play virtually all styles and accepts far-reaching impact.
- The second mode of channel 1 "top boost" can get good sounds british, so vox, playing on the power, volume and cut, we get to get up to a crunch with minor sounds good beefy overdrive . This mode to one side a bit "dirty", but very workable both in rhythm than solos.
- The 2nd channel can be with 3 modes, a "tweed", a "Hi1" and a "Hi2.
- Mode "tweed" is closer to the spirit of Fender amps. It&#39;s perfect for playing blues, funk and rockabilly rock not too upset. The sound is slightly slamming, mids are rich. By pushing the gain As one can move from clean to crunch, good overdrive.
- The mode Hi1 "much like the Marshall JCM 800. Gone are the clean sounds crunch direct (within baissser volume of skyscrapers), the gain at noon, you get an overdrive costau and heavy, perfect for a rhythmic way Guns&#39; n Roses. By pushing the gain to 3 / 4, one arrives at his lead, great for solos, harmonic fuse easily.
- The mode Hi2 "reflects the spirit of" Hi1 ", it is slightly more compressed, the change takes place especially at the frequencies, while the mode Hi1" is slightly garish, a "Hi2" is more likely to low and high frequencies. The saturation of this mode is a bit further, this mode is used for both solo and for rhythmic.
- After you have to play on the power, gain and volume, to discover other textures.

- I plug also a Gretsch Electromatic 5120 in this amp, and then change the settings from the Les Paul, but the same sounds as great.
- What surprises me is that on this amp is super responsive, he respects very much the guitar playing, varying the intensity of attacks is obtained that a difference in volume but a bit different. And it sounds different with every guitar I tried it with a Start, a TV, my les paul and my gretsch, and each time is different.

- The only purpose for which this amp bolt is metal. If you are looking for a very clean amp, do not!

- Its been 2-3 months that I use before I play on a Marshall JCM 2000, and since I seem to rediscover my guitars. Plug in this amp they sound more serious correct. Furthermore this amp much greater respect the nuances of the game
- I tried Rectifiers, an ENGL Powerball, a class 5 Marshall, ... and he missed that subtlety and versatility that the transatlantic has! It is true that its has nothing to do a powerball or correct, these amps offer more distortion and power, and not sticking with my use and my tastes.
- I looked for an amp rock, hard rock and blues at a time and I found it!
- If I were to redo this choice, I&#39;d do it again without hesitation! The quality / price is great, even if its expensive! Takes two million euros in new with a good speaker, sinan is around 1200 head alone.
- If my advice is go and try to give the amp, its worth it! Sinan take a ride on the Mesa site and watch videos, its gives you a good idea.
- To summarize, a true all-tube head with a lot of good sounds in it and several types of power to play alone or in groups. Amp brief character that respects the guitar and guitarist!
- The only negative is the lack of reverb, effects loop and ... HI3 a way to sound like a correct??