Orange Rockerverb 100 Head
Orange Rockerverb 100 Head

Tube Guitar Amp Head from Orange belonging to the Rockerverb series.

iamqman iamqman

« Great amp! »

Publié le 07/08/11 à 14:06
Basically the same amp as the Rockverb 50 only doubled the wattage power. You get the same great tone and features but just more power. You will feel a little more headroom in the tone with the added wattage. This means that the tone will be a little more open and airy.

One cool thing that this amp does top any Marshall in the ability to change different power tube from EL34, 6L6s, KT88s, or 6550s which makes this a very cool feature. Being able to tailor your power tube section to your liking is very beneficial. Marshall has dropped the ball on something like this.

Controls

CLEAN CHANNEL -
Volume, Bass, Treble.

DIRTY CHANNEL -
Gain, Bass, Niddle, Treble, Volume.

REVERB CONTROL -
For both channels, footswitchable.

Features

Dimensions

(W x H x D) 55 x 24 x 28cm

Weight

23kg

I used this amp with a Les Paul and a fender Strat. I was able to get some good Zeppelin tones and dial up some Angus Young setting pretty easily. The attack was something I noticed very quickly. It had a touch response similar but more dynamic than a Marshall. It had that midrange but was different in that it felt a little more comfortable if I played sloppy than I would with a Plexi amp. I think it was a little more forgiving and a hair more saggy which would constitute the forgiveness of the amp. I pretty much stayed on the gain channel but occasionally switch over for some smooth warm cleans.

At new this amp come in new at around $2299. I was impressed with this amp. I think it had many attributes that put it above some Marshall amps. I love the vintage vibe it had and the better clean channel than say a JCM 2000. I was able to get a very good tone that could play in a band setting very well or record with.

I would recommend this amp to anyone looking for something different than a Marshall that wants to get a good OD channel and a smooth clean channel all in one amp. It is priced a bit high for where i think it is worth, but then so is a reissue JCM 800. I would pick this amp up on the used market since they hold a good value and seem very road worthy.