ENGL E520 Tube Preamp
ENGL E520 Tube Preamp
hiopoulatos hiopoulatos
Publié le 09/13/08 à 03:40
3-channel tube preamp (4 ECC83, 12AX7 1)
It is stereo, has an effects loop and a headphone output.
It is actually not noon.

Yes the config is simple and the sound is excellent on all 3 channels.
In reviewing the three channels, one can go to a beautiful clear sound, responding well to the nuances, the metal to a very aggressive, which really takes guts.
At all good.

I use a Rocktron Velocity power amp 150 of baffle 112 in ENGL V30.
For really cheap, I have a really big sound, but I can also play in most soft records (rock, funk ...) no worries.

The only downside is the headphones completely hp *: the sound does absolutely nothing to the headphone. On the other hand, if it is to play as much to buy a headphone pod ...

I use it for three weeks, I've done 3 repeats and I do not regret my purchase. A very active preamp. I was impressed and I can not imagine what it will when I buy an all-tube power amp.
Very satisfied with my purchase.
I admit to having trouble understanding the previous opinion: maybe did it fall on a bad run or lamps to throw good?