Alesis iO|14
Alesis iO|14

USB audio interface from Alesis belonging to the iO series.

samy__ samy__

«  Grasp if you find one! »

Publié le 10/05/10 à 12:44

* What technical characteristics have motivated your choice?

The rapidity of firewire, 4 tracks recordable, the possibility to return a guitar or bass via between Hi Z

* Which instruments or systm (console, prampli, DTD ...) and you use the connection with what? ...

Prampli No, I use it mostly with guitars, bass, vocals, and a MIDI keyboard and a sound output (amp, speakers)

* For what purpose?
Mainly composed of the recording, with real beats, and the south.

* What is your config (motherboard / CPU / Ram / Disk ,...)?

My config intelcore 2 Duo with XP "

Level of drivers, no worries, we dl everything and hop operation immediate,
basic enough for my needs, I use Cubase LE came with. I did not DOWNLOADS last 2 years, so I do not know if the updates are frequent providers.

recording 4 tracks simultaneously.

Behavior and negligible latency is firewire ..
Installation

GETTING STARTED

carefree, a straightforward interface.

BUT the default one seems to have encountered a problem with the software "Mumble" (software to speak at the microphone when playing online), often the map "dcroche" must unplug and reboot the map .

The manual is sufficient.

I use it for 2 years, I like many tracks, the fast firewire.

I have not tried other models, this one presenting my report for me the best quality price.
I have not encountered major problems with this sound card, so yes I do it again this election

So if you find it in OCCAZ, bin go for it!