Apogee GiO
sw80 sw80

« A nice investment »

Published on 10/30/12 at 00:07
The Apogee GiO is a USB guitar audio interface that has a ¼ input, ¼ MIDI pedal input, ¼ stereo output, transport controls and stombox buttons. You can only use the Apogee GiO on a Mac, it is a well built guitar interface and can take a lot of use. I have been using the Apogee GiO since 2010 and I have never had an issue with it and it still looks pretty good even though we all have been stomping on it for over 2 years now. I have used this on stage and in the studio, it is very portable and it is built to last. Setting it up takes not time at all and using it is very easy. Using the Apogee GiO will let you take full control over your tone.

In order to use the Apogee GiO on your Mac you need to have a PowerPC G5 processor with at least 1GB of RAM. Your operating system needs to be version 10.5.7 or higher. I have used Apogee GiO in GarageBand and Logic. It has worked great in both of those programs and never gave me any issues.

GETTING STARTED

You will have full control over your guitar tone and you won’t even have to use your hands at all! Being able to find your sound, or get the sound you are looking for without even having to touch my Macbook was a huge deal for us. I immediately felt like I got my money’s worth the day that I got the Apogee GiO and used it for about 30 minutes.

It does come with a manual that is easy to understand. Also it comes with a long USB cable, the cable is probably around 10 feet long. It is great to have a long USB cable come with it because you never know how your set up will be when you go places and you might need to have your computer a good distance away from the Apogee GiO. If you had to go out and buy your own 10 foot cable that would be another large expense. Thanks to Apogee you don’t have to do that.