Edirol UA-20
Edirol UA-20

USB audio interface from Edirol belonging to the UA series.

Anonymous
Publié le 08/03/03 à 01:27
USB Sound Card format, 2 different drivers, one for windows in standard mode, one for Asio

standard, the sound quality 16/44.1 in advanced audio 24/44.1 is impossible to change this given in the config panel or otherwise, no 20-bit instance.

in advanced mode, no latency with Cubase and VST are played in real time, the headphone output for monitoring is perfect, but I go directly through a mini mixer for a good return.

for the config, better a good USB model and last at least 1ghz power if you have a VIA chipset.

to input this extremely simple, input jack 6.35 2, 2 RCA output, a headphone output for monitoring, no frills card is in the simplest and most convenient.
the input jack can be used as input line, guitar and microphone, handy if there is no mixer is handy, or you want your guitar recorded a holiday night on his laptop.

I have found a flaw sync pdt but I run the test program over the other adsl. recess so it does not help.

I would advise anyone who is creating an XP partition to install a special windows with Cubase software or audio to be quiet.

The configuration is simple but a bit special, choose the driver to install, WDM or MME, then the Advanced button to driver on or off.

to switch to another driver, if necessary, we must act on the button and unplug the USB plug for the puir to recognize with any drivers.

reported appears sound volume can not be modified in Asio mode.

GETTING STARTED

The driver has not yet been updated apparemen but it works just fine

for software I use most often Cubase 5.1 I can not make me a SX, and I get an 18ms latency, we can not change, but note that this latency seems to be that of a Zero we play a VST in real time.

I use it recently but I am already very happy being an amateur I do not have sound cards too complex or too expensive to me a little put off, and the possibility to put it on a laptop attracts as well.

The menu is simple and I appreciate why, no need for 46 / O, especially since most of the time I do uses only.

A very good value for money and few default for people who want only the basics and not often offered supperflu other cards.