Edirol UA-20
Edirol UA-20

USB audio interface from Edirol belonging to the UA series.

fanch75 fanch75
Publié le 06/24/03 à 12:45
While 1: + Midi Audionumrique

The USB allows you to share the card between my desktop PC (Athlon XP1800 + Gigabyte KT333 CM) and my laptop (Asustek Athlon 1400 + Chipset SIS 730). Both with Win XP.

The TOC is plastic but at least it's lightweight ...

No problem of implementation, except with the WDM drivers in Sonar 2.0 and 1. If I use the WDM drivers, I have a dcalage. I wait to test Sonar 2.2 and ASIO drivers.

GETTING STARTED

J'emmne the card and the laptop to play samples of instruments with a MIDI controller scne: and it works no worries. I use Virtualsampler 3 (I can not run the ASIO version 2.75)

I know me too problem of background noise. This is probably the power from the USB bus must be poorly insulated. Indeed, I hear (by pushing the gain for the bottom, it is true) dplacements the sound of my optical mouse on USB port! The most obvious is with my laptop: the extinction of the LCD screen lowers the background noise of at least 6 dB!
Uhmmm ... not easy then to see something ;-)

For now I use "gates", but I will soon be testing on my laptop with a Belkin USB 2.0 PCMCIA card that has an external power supply ... to follow!

Otherwise, the level of care: I'm surprised by the saturation who do not forgive! In this aspect DPIT dlicat, raliss records are excellent. Portable Recorder + UA20 = numrique Cheap!

APRS 6 months of use:

Excellent quality price.
Work with my VIA KT333 chipset.
Shame about the noise.
Attention to the level of, and risk of saturation.

I look srieusement the cot of the M-Audio Firewire!!