or
Create an account

or
1 How to connect Novation Launkey Ver 1 controller keyboard to Presonus Audio box itwo with iPad
Friends & Patrons,

I am posting this as a last resolution when unable to get a resolution from manufacturer of Presonus Audio Interface & Sweetwater the Store I picked this then got this delivered in India.
I am an enthusiast & a not professional musician & use only iPAD for playing keyboard & recording. Earlier I connected all devices using Focusrite iTrack Dock.

Now with my newly purchased interface Presonus Audiobox itwo I am unable to connect my controller keyboard Novation Launchkey First gen or even Korg mini 25 key keyboard to direct sounthd through interface. Both keybard only have USB B out.
Ref attached picture I have two options/ways to connect my keyboard.

1. Connected to iPAD using Camera + Lightening connecter.
Camera connect kit's USB A port connected to Novation Keyboard or Korg Keyboard by USB A
Camera connection lightening port connected to Presonus Interface USB A "Device" port
Camera connection connected to ipad.

Here I am able to control the keyboard apps of iPAD but the sound route to iPad speakers
The mic which is connected to interface gives output to Monitors but not routing to Voice/Mic Apps on iPAD.
I even tried connecting a USB hub to interface & iPAD & controller keyboards to USB hub - it didnt work.

In above case the blue light on interface kept blinking indicating there is no ipad connection with interface.

2. I Tried Using MIDI to USB Cable
Connected MIDI IN to Presonus interface MIDI IN
Connected USB A of Midi cable to one end of "USB Femal A to USB female A adapter".
Connected USB B cable from Novation Launch key keyboard to other end of "USB Femal A to USB female A adapter"
Connected iPAD directly to "Device Port" on Interface.
Since there was no power on keyboard, plugged keyboard to Main Power using adapter/power supply.

In this case I was able to route Mic through iPad apps & play all apps through monitors.
However the Novation keyboard could not control any Keyboard app on iPAD.

Now I reach you to help me connect my controller keyboard to ipad through this interface.

Thanks

[ Post last edited on 04/28/2022 at 22:55:59 ]