M-Audio Fast Track Pro
M-Audio Fast Track Pro

USB audio interface from M-Audio belonging to the Fast Track series.

tagj3r tagj3r

«  Good product »

Publié le 09/30/10 à 10:46
I needed an external sound card to enable me to computer music. Representative to the FTP a good compromise quality / price for someone who wants to beginners and then continue his way a bit with the same card.
And actually bet true: it is only that I trsrcemment possible issue a card to buy more efficient ... Yet I am the path from computer music!

The FTP silent first used with a laptop (IBM TP40p), then on a desktop PC ddi computer music (dual proc, 4GB RAM, Windows XP - 2 internal 600GB HDD).

Above, I connect my midi keyboard and Jack, Jack my guitars and my condenser microphone with XLR (48v power supply ghost included in the FTP). Everything works nickel, this prs I can not quite connect at the same time!
But that's enough for 2 people (1 + 1 keyboard or guitar or keyboard 2 guitars + guitar + microphone or microphone).

Well, at the driver level we must look a bit ... there is a particular problem for M-Audio rcurrent requiring leave connects the internal soundcard of your PC! Once done, everything is OK.
Prcisons my PC is ddi computer music, so no problem of conflict (on a PC use, see).

The sound card is used mainly to run Cubase with several instrumentals in between audio (guitar, keyboard and / or voice, cf. Above), and several Controller noon (in this case a Nocturn and KontrolPad).
Whether recording (where I never recorded more than 2 beats both, but mostly because of the sound card entries), or read (I use an o 10aine runways in roughly 1 and 1 VSTi VSTfx per track), I have no problem. Neither latency (between 6 and 8 ms), nor his jumping, we can find its config IDAL.

GETTING STARTED

Installation OK, but little problem finding the driver OK with its config (on Windows XP SP3, the driver is stamped "not work on XP SP2 SP3" sometimes work better than ddi "XP SP3").

Once the driver is found more adequate share touch!

I could not try other cards, but from my setup I find it perfect.
We would like sr a little more power under the elbow, and may be few among supplmentaires ... but that is precisely what makes the difference with more expensive models!

The main advantage of this sound card is that since I have I am pos billions of questions about my musical and computer hardware ... but never on the sound card!
She lets herself forget to leave room for the rest. What's better?