PreSonus AudioBox USB
PreSonus AudioBox USB

USB audio interface from PreSonus belonging to the Audiobox series.

thymeauthe thymeauthe

«  Impeccable! »

Publié le 03/08/11 à 01:02
Very standard features for an external sound card. Not innovation, but not lacking.

Presonus has still received several times the "price" for the best preamp in its class, so it's a safe bet.

2 mic inputs (XLR) / Line (Jack 6.35). it is powered directly via USB. Supplied with Cubase LE 4.

Gain for each input, output, headphones, adjustable main output.
Monitoring is very useful when it is used with the computer, because a there a knob that allows you to mix more or less (depending on your choice) from monitoring the PC with the arrival of the instrument front panel.

I use it in home studio. There is no latency, and breath almost nonexistent.

I tested not long ago the simulations (VST instruments). Not bad, but it is not memorable. Over the initial sounds in Cubase LE 4 it is quite limited. Fortunately, we can easily find free online. But nothing can replace a "real track."

I intend to invest in a electronic drums shortly. I might want to test the MIDI output.

The drivers work very well, and yet I am under Seven 64-bit ...

I have not done very thorough testing due to time and I have recorded only 5 tracks. In any case, with 4 tracks in playback while recording, there was still no latency.
However there is a lot of digital crunch at the start (on monitoring only). No repisse in the Rec!
The most peculiar is that over time there are less and less ...

GETTING STARTED

In short, the installation is very simple, if you know a minimum Cubase ... Otherwise it is a puzzle. The PDF Cubase leaflet is still well done. You really have no excuse not to do it.

I have not seen any incompatibility issues. Caution, however, drivers are associated with the USB port into which your card the first time! So if for some reason X or Y you want to use the card to a different USB port, you must re-affiliate the drivers on the new USB port, otherwise your card will be accepted but will not talk with Cubase ... (I pulled the hair because of this bullshit!)

No need to read the manual for the card, only for Cubase.

I use it for four months. I tried many other models: M-Audio, Line 6, Mackie, etc... It's kiff-kiff. The advantage here is price. Indeed, it is a bit cheaper than its competitors.

It's good stuff. Do not hesitate, it's worth it!