[Musikmesse] RME Audio Ladyface
The Ladyface special Babyface edition is tailored for female artists and the Hi-Fi market.
It comes in an aluminum case in a color combination of glossy white and pink. The Ladyface package includes a Ladyface carry bag and a special customized white Hi-Fi breakout cable with four gold RCA connectors.
The bus-powered USB audio interface provides 22-channels and the latest 192 kHz AD- and DA-converters. and two reference class microphone preamps.
The Ladyface delivers two analog recording channels and four analog playback channels, plus ADAT and MIDI I/O. It combines analog circuit design with AD/DA converter chips. RME’s SteadyClock jitter suppression technology is designed to ensure an AD- and DA-conversion of the highest reference quality.
Both controlled preamps provide individually switchable 48V phantom power.
The feature set includes a digital I/O with up to 192 kHz support, alternatively usable as ADAT port or optical SPDIF I/O. In combination with an ADAT converter the Ladyface provides 10 analog input and 12 analog output channels.
The headphone output, driven from an extra DA converter, provides 192 kHz sound experience, and is available at the unit and also on the breakout cable.
The additional instrument input - at the side of the unit - allows the recording of any instrument, like a guitar or bass guitar, without other external hardware, by switching one analog input to Hi-Z mode.
With one main control knob and two single buttons the Ladyface acts as direct desktop control for typical studio tasks: volume control, reference volume store and recall, volume dim, input selection/switching and input gain control.
The Ladyface connects to the USB 2.0 bus, but is also compatible to USB 3 chipsets. It has been optimized under Windows and Mac OS by using customized firmware for every operating system, according to RME.
The Ladyface integrates TotalMix FX. The latest generation of RME’s DSP hardware mixer delivers mixing/routing with new features. The DSP mixer works with an internal resolution of 46 bit, and adds effects like a 3-band parametric equalizer, reverb and echo to the mix.
The Ladyface provides unlimited operation on USB bus power. An external power supply is optionally available.
- 10 Input / 12 Output channels
- 2 x analog I/O with line and mic level, balanced or unbalanced
- 2 x digitally controlled mic preamps in high-end quality- 4 x analog output with the technology from RME's high-end M-series converter
- 1 input channel alternatively usable as Hi-Z instrument input
- 1 x ADAT I/O (usable as 1 x SPDIF I/O optical)
- 1 x Phones Out (separate DA conversion)
- 1 x MIDI I/O
- Bus-powered operation
- Sample rates up to 192 kHz on all I/Os
- SteadyClock for jitter suppression and clock refresh
- TotalMix FX: Integrated mixer with effects and 46-bit internal resolution
- Hardware calculated Level Meters Peak/RMS
- Includes DIGICheck - RME's metering and analysis toolbox
- Includes Ladybag
The Ladyface is designed especially for the Japanese and Asian markets, but will be available worldwide from all RME distributors in May 2011.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The Lower Rhythm D15/2 v2 The Lower Rhythm has announced the release of version 2.0 of D15/2, TLR's stereo, vintage-style analog drum module.
- Audiocation AC-R128 Audiocation has released AC-R128, a freeware VST-Loudness Meter
- Upgraded Orange Amps OPC The Orange OPC has been upgraded and is ready for Pre-Order from the new website www.orangeopc.com for delivery within the UK by the end of April and will be shipping outside the UK shortly after.