New Steinberg UR242 audio interface
The Steinberg UR series of audio interfaces welcomes a new model, the UR242, a Mac, PC and iOS compatible 4-input version.
Features of this new Steinberg UR242:
- USB 2.0 audio interface
- 4 inputs and 2 outputs
- 2 Class A D-PRE mic preamps with 48V phantom power
- 2 combo inputs with pads, high-Z switch on input 1
- 2 TRS line inputs
- 2 TRS line outputs
- MIDI in and out
- Headphone output with dedicated level control
- Max audio resolution: 24-bit / 192 kHz
- DSP-driven monitoring section with the REV-X reverb, Channel Strip and Guitar Amp Classics (VST 3 plug-in also included)
- dspMixFX software editor for Mac OS X, Windows and iPad
- Loopback feature for live streaming on the internet
- Metal chassis
The Steinberg UR242 is available for 219 €, Cubase AI is available as a free download with every purchase. More info at www.steinberg.net.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Rent-to-own Ozone 9 and Neutron 3 together on Splice Splice has bundled iZotope’s latest software audio processors and offers them at a lower price through their rent-to-own program.
- Arturia AudioFuse 8PRE audio interface review Just over two years ago, French manufacturer Arturia first stepped into the world of audio interfaces. More recently at NAMM 2019, the Grenoble-based company announced two new models, one of which the AudioFuse 8Pre. Has it been a successful addition to the line?
- Antelope Discrete 4 Synergy Core review About a year and a half ago, Antelope released the Discrete, a new range of Thunderbolt & USB interfaces including discrete preamps, their famous FPGA module as well as the stack of audio effects that would usually come with it. Now back in June 2019, Antelope releases a new version of its Discrete 4, this time providing dual DSP chips in addition to the FPGA. Marketing ploy or real step forward?