Tascam US-122
Images
1/80

Thread tascam us122 running pro tools?

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 0 follower
1 tascam us122 running pro tools?
Hi everyone (before I start, I have done a few searches and still unclear on this issue!)

I am looking at buying either an mbox(if still available) / mbox2 or a Tascam US122.

I am pretty sold on the tascam after speaking with a salesman, due to its setup / configuration and the price. It also comes with cubase.
A few friends, and my music partner, run an mbox with protools, and working with the same programs as them holds obvious advantages.

I enjoy using the MBox, but am keen on the tascam. Main reason is the sturdiness and non-upright position of it (as compared to MBox). Advantage of Tascam over MBox 2 is simply the price!

MY QUESTION – WILL THE TASCAM US122 RUN PRO TOOLS, DESPITE NOT HAVING A DIGIDESIGN SOUNDCARD, OR WILL THE MBOX, AND ONLY THE MBOX, BE REQUIRED ???

My preference is to use the tascam with both cubase and protools, but I have been told this is not possible.

ps, something to possibly consider is that I will also be running an Edirol PCR M30 midi controller – this SHOULD work fine through both cubase and pro tools, but it may affect what you have to say….

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR YOUR TIME ANYONE WHO READS THIS, AND PLEASE HELP ME OUT IF POSSIBLE!!!

Cheers,

Luke