Tascam US-122MKII
Tascam US-122MKII
Mister Kaa Mister Kaa

«  Simple, efficient, reliable »

Publié le 12/12/10 à 01:24
I work with a laptop and an external card was the primary motivation. For my part I use this card to capture sounds from external synths and occasionally from a microphone to record a bass guitar.

On sound side it is great. On the midi side, it is a simple and effective interface, I am glad to have found it to pilot from my synth to my sequencer (Ableton Live 8 on Windows 7 32 B)

my profile is rather electro / studio which forces me to master the effects with maximum precision and I do not really see the benefit of having onboard effects.
For the price, other cards on paper have more options.

Self-powered via USB, it's cool.

control buttons are thin and tight.
I'm using the 2 simultaneous inputs converted to Mono in stereo from Ableton, I mix the sound level at the entrance directly with the card and it's perfect.

The problems of latency do not really affect me for the studio, but I can see that it is low.

GETTING STARTED

Download the driver at the site and it rolls. Manual very clear RAS

My only regret is that I want a second midi input ...

All I can say is that this card is super simple to use. This is the best purchase I made in my config, never disappointed!;
On the price/quality ratio, I have nothing to say.