Tascam US-1800
Tascam US-1800
Serge_2004 Serge_2004

«  Good and reliable - Number of Input impressive - very interesting price »

Publié le 03/12/11 à 14:01
What characteristics have motivated your choice?

The number of entries - Powered through the phantom Micro. I want to route audio tracks to my Cubase Vocoder.

Main home studio sound card to replace an EMU 1212M I wanted to upgrade the bridge via AD / AT. For a lower price, I have a new sound card with a sufficient number of IO
Home studio: Pentium IV 3.2Ghz 8 Gig Ram - Windows 7 64bit - Not professionnel.Petits multitrack recording, VST, .. Connectors: All analog inputs directly into the sound card - no external mixer (finally no more need: now disconnected).

I turn on Cubase with a latency of 2ms ..

The multitrack recording easy setup - .. For now I've done some tests: playback 8 tracks simultaneous recording of mono and 4 tracks with a few real-time VST effects. No worries, it rolls ...

GETTING STARTED

A priori no problem, installed without any difficulty - Maj 64bit driver is downloadable from the site.
No extra software that came with the card, which complicates the config. EMU at home or Creamware and imposes a load config before launching Cubase. Configuration child from Cubase.
RAS ...

I use it for a few days .. As said above: I tried Creamware Luna EmulatorX'm through.
The converters are good. But I feel that those of the EMU in 1212 were a bit more 'clear'.
Small problem: We stay here at 24 bit and it does not exceed the 96 khz ... However it depends what you're looking .. For my usage is more than enough ..

What is nice is that this map, despite its size (rack) can be transported easily and can be used with a laptop on the move ...

Good Q / P

If I were doing .. For this budget probably yes ...

Images linked to this review

• photo