Gibson Explorer Gothic
Gibson Explorer Gothic

V/XPL/FB Shaped Guitar from Gibson belonging to the Explorer series.

grinchisator grinchisator
Published on 05/25/06 at 06:22
Manufactures in the United States
Channel key al bne 22 frets, fairly round
Gibson 496R Humbucker cramique (neck), 500T (bridge)
Tune-O-Matic Stop Bar more
Cellulose varnish Gibson, ch ... super fragile!
Good finish, guitar trs simple, basic, is that the ncessaire

The handle ...
In fact that's a that I bought. I tried it in my favorite store of the era, not even to buy a guitar but effects. This is when I got home I had the feeling for a few hours of an instrument that I found enjoyable, and above all a round particles that suited me. The week after I returned to look for ...
Access in sharp, well it's an explosion, then it is Obviously ais. With still the junction body / neck Gibson a little rustic.
Ergonomically it's my view on top. I love the shape, mass rpartition is perfect, easy to play sitting down, it rings without being dej branch. pnible only thing: the mcaniques trs are closer, which ncessite a little practice and finger during the tuning.
The sound with the humbuckers Gibson trs is good, but despite its prsentation is an explorer, then type of course and not hard-rock mtal, it is not in Jackson. It all gets a bit mushy to work with large saturation trs.

As I play mtal, mostly heavy and death, I did it with 2 EMG 81 teams and it's perfect. I plugged into the line 6 (guitar pod xt pro or port) and a good qualisation in the patch is that of happiness. The EMG give the precision of o Gibson missed, and we may have a clear trs full, rounded and classy and sounds enrmes dchirent saturation in all. This is a guitar that in all cases "rumbles". It has of course a big hollow voice and sharp-edged, not sustain a monstrous mdium with a mild and balanced.

I have since 2001. it's a great guitar, as I think all explore if you like that kind of instrument. but be careful it does not support be plugged into the stew. So it is better to shop around before buying any amp or another. I redcouverte since I quip in Line6, before I plugged in an AVT 50 (or beuaeuaeuark I know and I think ended up selling it. I paid a little less than 10,000 francs in his magnificent toupee fuschia tui (thank you Gibson had to dare) and it will m'incinrer with.
100000 times I do it again the same choice can be specially not in a gothic dress, another I liked as much exploring. But when you get to pay attention to the varnish finish is sublime.