Lâg Phil Campbell S2000PC

Phil Campbell S2000PC, V/XPL/FB Shaped Guitar from Lâg in the Signature series.

All user reviews for the Lâg Phil Campbell S2000PC

Average Score:5.0(5/5 based on 1 review)
 1 user review100 %
Audience: Anyone Value For Money : Correct
01/19/2016

Anonymous 's review"Phil Campbell's Number One deserves its nickname"

Lâg Phil Campbell S2000PC
As a big Motörhead and Phil Campbell fan, I've always dreamt to own this guitar so when Lâg decided to release this signature model (especially one built in their Bedarieux custom shop) I didn't hesitate before ordering one.

No need to develop the kind of music it's aimed at, but it also sounds very well for clean sounds especially with the SH4 bridge pickup - the neck pickup being too soft and almost useless anyway.

Of course, it really shines on big good ol' rock & metal riffs as well as solos, and for all this it's just the best guitar I've ever paired with my Marshall JVM215C.
No tone know (useless anyway :-D), just one for volume. Take it up, put it at full volume and play Rock n' roll.
I don't know exactly why, but while I own several guitars with the same SH4 bridge pickup the PC2000 happens to be the one with the bigger and more powerful output level. Perhaps the wood? It's quite heavy by the way, 9 lbs ain't any light.

The wood is really great, the Made in France finish and fretwork are perfect, the top is beautiful (a real change from black guitars, ain't it?).

The only cons is when I bought it new it was delivered with a straplock on the upper part of the body, while the original's is located where the body and neck meet, so I changed it myself as this position is more practical - except that now I have a hole on the upper part of the body (which I could fill or put a second straplock) - anyway if you order one new remember to precise where you want it to be located.

As for its grade? Out of ten, this one goes to eleven ;)