4Front TruePianos
4Front TruePianos
songboy songboy
Publié le 02/28/10 à 08:39
What I like most about this plugin is it is not very CPU intensive. I can run this and a host of other plugins at the same time and my computer doesn't get bogged down. This makes True Pianos my new go to piano plugin while playing live. Other great things about it is the simple interface. I like this because I use so many other plugins to fine tune my sound that I enjoy my sound source (especially one so specific like acoustic piano) to be very stripped down. You also get 4 nice sounding piano's to choose from off the get go with a lot of presets and a very simple reverb. The only thing I dislike about this plugin is it continually crashes in Logic 9 making it unusable in that DAW. Overall, this doesn't bother me to much as I only use Logic 9 to write/record music in. For that purpose I turn to Synthogy Ivory. Ivory is definitely a more realistic, warmer sounding plugin but it is very CPU intensive and can get a little "clunky" sounding when you computer starts to get bogged down or you are playing very quickly. True Pianos does however work perfectly in Ableton 8 which is exactly what I needed as I use Abelton 8 for live performance only. The quality of the sound is about an 8 out of 10. Virtual pianos are rarely convincing. This one does sound a little tinny at times but overall, it does a good job in a mix of live music. If I am going to play a solo piano gig, I do still go with Ivory, but a non CPU hog plugin is essential for someone running an entire show out of their laptop. I have also downloaded the trial of Modartt Pianoteq. I bought True pianos before I did this and in retrospect, I might have gotten Pianoteq instead. But, they are pretty close so I am happy with my purchase. I paid around $200 for this plugin which was cheaper than Modartts price. Would I buy it again? I guess I would want to do a more thorough comparison between Pianoteq and Truepianos to be sure.