Native Instruments Abbey Road 70s Drums
ABBEY ROAD 70s DRUMS is the second of Native Instruments' collaborations with Abbey Road Studios London-built with samples of two vintage drum kits from the 1970s.
The Open Kit is a Ludwig Vistalite Tequila Sunrise from 1972 with a 26" kick drum, 14" rack tom and 16" and 18" floor toms. Recorded in the Studio Two of Abbey Road, this kit is designed to provide the big roomy sound immortalized on countless classic rock recordings.
The Tight Kit is a vintage 1970s Premier model with 22" kick drum, 13" rack tom, 14" and 16" floor toms. The samples from this kit were also recorded in Studio Two of Abbey Road, but dedicated acoustic panels were put around the kit to achieve the tight, punchy and dry sound that was very popular throughout the 70s, the company says.
Features at a glance:
- Number of Instruments: 2 complete Drum Kits
- Sound Category: Acoustic Drums
- Size: 6,5 GB using the new KONTAKT 4 sample compression (14.0 GB uncompressed!)
- Sample Content: 24-bit/44.1 kHz, 32,000 samples, up to 34 velocity layers per drum.
Check out Native Instruments for more.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Cableguys Updates Plugins Cableguys has updated FilterShaper to v2.0.3, VolumeShaper to v2.0.1 and PanCake to v1.0.3, fixing two bugs and addressing complaints that Computer Music magazine had in their recent review of FilterShaper 2.
- Teru Kamogashira Freeverb3 library & vst Plugin Teru Kamogashira has updated the Freeverb3 library to v2.5.0 and the Freeverb3_vst plug-in to v2.5.0 RC 1.
- Voxengo Deft Compressor Voxengo has announced the release of Deft Compressor, an audio signal compressor plug-in for professional audio production applications.