IK Multimedia Releases Amplitube 2 for iPad
IK Multimedia has announced the release of a new version of AmpliTube for the mobile guitarist and bassist: AmpliTube 2 for iPad.
This new version of AmpliTube for iPad has new features designed to streamline and enhance the mobile guitar and bass playing experience: from the creation and naming of guitar signal chain tone presets to importing, recording and exporting audio.
Multi-Effects Processor for Guitar & Bass
At its core, AmpliTube 2 for iPad is a multi-effects processor for guitar and bass, replicating the sounds and tones of historically significant gear of the audio world. Players can build a guitar or bass rig with 4 daisy-chained stompbox effects running into an amplifier, speaker cabinet and microphone.
5 New Stomps
AmpliTube 2 for iPad features 5 new stompbox models available a-la-carte as in-app purchases: Compressor, Reverb, Graphic EQ, Parametric EQ and Limiter. Each model is available a-la-carte for $2.99 each.
Recording – Built-In 8-Track Recorder
The main feature in AmpliTube 2 for iPad is the addition of recording functionality (single track available in the free update), expandable to an 8-track recorder with a master effects section (via in-app purchase, $14.99). Each individual track features a record enable button, an insert effect (the customizable AmpliTube amp and effects signal chain), volume control, pan control, solo & mute switches, plus 2 send effect level controls for adding ambience and depth with reverb, chorus and delay from the master effects section. The master effects section also features a global equalizer and compressor for final sound tweaking and polishing.
AmpliTube 2 for iPad allows players to record their band, or produce multi-track songs and compositions directly in AmpliTube without additional software. The "bounce" feature frees up track space by "bouncing" all audio tracks down to a single track, freeing up more recording space.
Practice – New SpeedTrainer Function
Backing tracks and other audio can now be imported directly onto a recorder track from the iPod music library on the device, or from a host computer. Players can change the tempo of audio material using IK's "SpeedTrainer" feature for learning complex riffs or working on technical skills. Tempo can be adjusted from -50% to + 200% while the pitch remains unaffected.
Plus, you can use the iRig with line level signal sources such as synthesizers, keyboards or mixing consoles and have an iKlip, the universal microphone stand adapter for iPad, whenever you are on stage, in the studio, at school or in the boardroom.
What's new in AmpliTube 2 for iPad:
- 5 new stomp effects (available as in-app purchase): Compressor, Graphic EQ, Parametric EQ, Reverb and Limiter.
- Improved sound with DSP parts derived from AmpliTube 3 and T-RackS 3 for Mac/PC Apps.
- Built-in single track recorder with re-amping capabilities.
- Multi-track recorder with 8 tracks and master FX section with 5 effects (Reverb, Chorus, Delay, Compressor & Parametric EQ (available as in-app purchase).
- 2 send effects per channel (selectable between reverb, delay, chorus) and 2 master effects (3 band parametric equalizer and compressor) in the master section.
- Export your recordings and mixes as high quality audio files or send them by email as MP3s.
- Import songs as backing tracks directly from your iPod library on your device or your computer using file sharing or Wi-Fi.
- SpeedTrainer for slow down/speed up of imported songs without affecting the pitch.
- Up to 50 songs can now be imported.
- New preset naming feature.
- New Setup panel including input and output level controls.
Pricing and Availability
AmpliTube 2 for iPad costs $19.99 / €15.99 and is available now from the iTunes Store.
Also available is AmpliTube 2 for iPad free. This update includes overall enhanced gear model sound, single track recording feature, audio import from device, export function, SpeedTrainer feature, preset naming ability and new setup panel with input/output level control.
8-Track Recorder costs $14.99/€11.99 as an AmpliTube in-app purchase from the iTunes Store.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Rent-to-own Ozone 9 and Neutron 3 together on Splice Splice has bundled iZotope’s latest software audio processors and offers them at a lower price through their rent-to-own program.
- Over 150 free software tools to make music Making music with your computer when you don't have a penny is possible. And to prove our point here you have 150+ free software tools many of which don't have anything to envy their paid counterparts.