IK Multimedia released an update of AmpliTube for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
AmpliTube 2.5 is an update that offers the newly released AmpliTube Slash gear model integration, MIDI and digital audio support, a redesigned recorder and mixer section, audio copy/paste, Retina display graphic updates and more.
AmpliTube version 2.5 allows players to control the app using MIDI controllers. With a MIDI interface – like IK Multimedia’s iRig MIDI – players can now use AmpliTube “hands free” in the studio or on stage by controlling AmpliTube parameters or presets from a standard MIDI controller.
AmpliTube 2.5 now works with iPhone/iPod touch/iPad-compatible digital audio interfaces – like IK Multimedia’s StealthPlug USB audio interface cable on the iPad with the Apple Camera Connection kit.
The new AmpliTube 2.5 packs new features:
- Expandable with AmpliTube Slash gear. The gear that contributed to make the Slash sound, including two Marshall amp models and six signature stomp effects, are now available inside AmpliTube via in-app purchase as a bundle or as individual models.
- MIDI Integration. This feature allows users to control AmpliTube 2.5 via standard MIDI controllers using an iPhone/iPad/iPod touch -compatible MIDI interface like iRig MIDI. This allows the user to remotely switch presets or to control each knob, switch or controller on the interface with a physical controller. The feature is available as in-app purchase and it is free for iRig MIDI users.
- Support for 30-pin Audio Devices. AmpliTube 2.5 now supports digital audio input/output via the 30-pin connector with compatible standard core audio devices.
- Redesigned Recorder section. The new recorder section of AmpliTube 2.5 now includes a Loop function for looping sections of recorded material, a new visual Metronome and a quick access Tap Tempo button.
- New Mixer section. A new mixer interface has been added to the recorder allowing better control of master reverb send, channel level, pan control, mute and solo buttons, plus an FX button for applying the AmpliTube signal chain to the recorded material on the individual channels. This feature also allows “re-amping”.
- New Copy/Paste function. Now users can copy or paste audio content to and from other apps that support this feature, or copy the contents of one channel in the mixer to another channel.
- Restore in-app purchases. By using the new Restore Purchases feature, simplifies the update process for users that has purchased more gear via in-app purchase.
- Export audio via SoundCloud or FTP. In addition to exporting recorded material using email and file sharing, users are now able to easily upload and share their materials online on using FTP or via SoundCloud.
- Retina Display support. AmpliTube 2.5 now has an even more elegant interface designed for higher resolution retina displays both on iPhone and on the new iPad.
Pricing and availability
The new AmpliTube 2.5 update is now available from the App Store as a free update for all current AmpliTube users on iPhone/iPad.
For new users, AmpliTube 2.5 costs $19.99/€15.99. An LE version ($2.99/€2.39 - iPhone only) and a free version of AmpliTube 2.5 are also available with a limited set of gear models included.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Rent-to-own Ozone 9 and Neutron 3 together on Splice Splice has bundled iZotope’s latest software audio processors and offers them at a lower price through their rent-to-own program.
- Over 150 free software tools to make music Making music with your computer when you don't have a penny is possible. And to prove our point here you have 150+ free software tools many of which don't have anything to envy their paid counterparts.