IK Multimedia Amplitube 2 for iPhone
IK Multimedia announced AmpliTube 2 for iPhone: a major update to the guitar software and music creation app available for the iOS platform.
AmpliTube 2 for iPhone offers realistic tones and effects, multi-track recording capabilities and an advanced practice tool - in one mobile app.
Combined with the iRig interface adapter, AmpliTube 2 for iPhone is designed to allow users to play, practice and record anytime and anywhere for guitar and bass, and any other type of instrument.
What's new in AmpliTube 2 for iPhone:
- New built-in one-track recorder with re-amping feature (free update)
- New multi-track recorder with 4 tracks and master FX section with 3 effects: Reverb, EQ and Compressor (available as in-app purchase)
- 5 new stompbox effects: Compressor, Reverb, Parametric EQ, Graphic EQ and Limiter (available as in-app purchase)
- Improved sound quality of gear and cabinets with DSP parts derived from AmpliTube 3 and T-RackS 3 for Mac/PC (free update)
- Export recordings and mixes as high quality WAV audio files or send them by email as MP3s (free update)
- Import songs as backing tracks directly from user iPod library, from iTunes using file sharing or Wi-Fi (free update)
- New SpeedTrainer allows players to slow down/speed up imported songs without affecting the pitch (free update)
- Up to 50 songs can now be imported (free update)
- New preset naming feature (free update)
- New Setup panel including input and output level controls (free update)
- New scrollable menu for easier and faster gear selection in the FX and AMP sections (free update)
An effects rig for guitar, bass and any other instrument
AmpliTube 2 for iPhone offers players a guitar/bass rig with 3 stompbox effects running into an amp-head with effects plus cabinet and a microphone. A total of up to 16 stompbox effects are now available (delay, fuzz, overdrive, wah, envelope filter, chorus, flanger, phaser, octave, distortion, noise filter, compressor, reverb, parametric EQ, graphic EQ, limiter), 5 amps with controls (clean, crunch, lead, metal, bass), 5 speaker cabinets and 2 microphones (dynamic and condenser). The sound of the gear and cabinets has also been improved utilizing DSP technology derived directly from AmpliTube 3 for Mac/PC. Additionally, up to 36 "full rig" tone presets can be saved, named and recalled on the fly.
A portable recording studio
AmpliTube 2 for iPhone now includes a recorder with the ability to capture ideas, then mix, re-amp and export them as WAV or MP3 files. The re-amping feature provides the ability to change the sound and tone of the original recording by applying a different set of effects after the track has been recorded without having to re-record it. The recorder in AmpliTube 2 can also be expanded to a multi-track studio by adding the four-track recorder plus master effects section with reverb, equalizer and compressor (available as in-app purchase). With the 4-track recorder, users can record an entire band or produce full songs and compositions directly in AmpliTube on their mobile device. Track controls include individual volume, pan, apply FX, send FX, plus the ability to import audio directly into each track. The "Bounce" feature allows users to bounce all tracks to a single track, freeing up track space to record additional material.
A practice and learning tool
Up to 50 songs and backing tracks can now be imported directly from the iPod library in the device or from the computer using iTunes file sharing or a Wi-Fi connection. AmpliTube 2 for iPhone now also sports IK's SpeedTrainer learning/practice feature that allows users to slow down or speed up the tempo of imported songs (1/2 speed, or 2x speed) without affecting the pitch. A digital chromatic tuner and metronome are also included.
AmpliTube 2 for iPhone features:
- Real-time mobile guitar and bass multi-FX + recording + practice app
- Full rig with 3 simultaneous stompboxes + amp with effects + cabinet + mic
- Choose from 16 Stomps, 5 Amps, 5 Cabinets, 2 Mics
- Single track recorder, with re-amping, expandable to a full 4 track recording studio with master effects section with 3 effects
- Import and play up to 50 songs as backing tracks directly from iPod library or computer
- Slow down or speed up the tempo (-50% to +200%) of imported songs without affecting their pitch
- 36 presets can be saved/named/recalled on the fly
- Includes a tuner and metronome
- Low-latency for real-time playing
- Free and LE versions also available
AmpliTube 2 for iPad is currently in development with more powerful features and will be announced shortly. Current iPad only users are advised to wait for the dedicated version before going ahead with the in-app purchase of the iPhone version.
Pricing & Availability
AmpliTube 2 for iPhone is now available from the iTunes App Store in 3 versions:
11 stompboxes, 5 amps + cabinets, 2 microphones, €15.99
- AmpliTube LE
5 stompboxes, 1 amp + cabinet, 2 microphones, €2.39
- AmpliTube Free
3 stompboxes, 1 amp + cabinet, 2 microphones, FREE
Additional gear can be added through in-app purchase of a-la-carte models with stompboxes costing €2.39 each and amplifiers + cabinets for €3.99 each (available selection depends on the version).
The new four-track recorder with master effects section can be added as an in-app purchase for €7.99 in each of the available versions.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Voxengo Deft Compressor v1.2 Voxengo Deft Compressor version 1.2 update is now available for download.
- TC Electronic PowerCore Discount TC Electronic announced a PowerCore plug-in price.
- Loopmasters Movie Dialogue Vol. 4 The Pack includes 759 Movie Dialogue Samples in 11 categories, with 15 patches in Halion, Kontakt, EXS24, NNXT and SFZ formats for auditioning.