UVI Unleashes The Beast
UVI has released The Beast, a new UVI instrument, inspired by THE machine of luxury born in 1975 for the musical elite.
Using electronics developed for NASA, this instrument is presented as unprecedented for its time. Its emergence into the professional studio inspired some of the leading avant-garde artists and sonic visionaries to embrace its potential, including Frank Zappa, Chick Corea,Michael Jackson, Sting, Kraftwerk, Stevie Wonder, and Depeche Mode, among others, according to UVI.
The Beast is comprised of three separate digital instruments:
- Beast FMII: An FM and additive synthesis monster: As a result of a combination of deep multi-sampling and integrated true FM synthesis module, this instrument offers its own approach to reproducing these vintage sounds, allowing for subtle to extreme variation, according to UVI.
- Beast Terminal: The presets and sonic character of Beast Terminal are designed to traverse a wide territory. Ranging from acoustic to electric, they encompass a sonic spectrum "from lush strings to strikingly bright brass timbres and beyond."
- Beast Box: Combining FM-synthesized percussion sounds with recordings of drum hits and percussion samples, Beast Box is a drum machine with a library of over 1200 sounds.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Soundiron Tuned Micro Soundiron's Tuned Micro is a multi-instrument collection of stringed and tuned percussion instruments, in an interface for Kontakt 4 and later.
- Musicrow Jupiter Dream for Arturia Jupiter 8V Musicrow recently released Jupiter Trip, an exclusive collection of 200 sounds for Arturia Jupiter 8V.
- IK Multimedia iRig KEYS IK Multimedia has announced iRig KEYS, a portable universal MIDI controller keyboard for iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and Mac/PC.