Steinberg today announced their latest VST instrument, Padshop.
Padshop is a monophonic/polyphonic granular synthesizer for Mac OS X Lion and Windows 7 and runs as plug-in within any VST 3 host application.
Padshop delivers two individual tiers in granular textures that are mixed and processed with a dozen filters, modulation and delay effects. Each layer consists of two LFOs that offer a choice of six wave shapes, two ADSR envelopes that can be applied to various sound parameters and one oscillator for generating up to eight grain streams with parameters. The featured Step Modulator triggers the oscillators, filters, amplification and panning, creating rhythmical modulations which synchronize either to the tempo of the host application or can be adjusted manually. With the ten-stage Modulation Matrix, users can assign modulation sources to vary the targets’ values for each layer, also supporting modulation assignments from Note Expression, Steinberg’s way of editing controller data, first introduced in Cubase 6.
The user interface of Padshop has about 400 presets plus the SoftGrain Wave ROM comprising hundreds of samples to customize presets and feed to the two available grain-layer oscillators.
Features at a glance
• Granular synthesis engine with 2 independent layers, each with individual oscillator, edit and FX sections
• Up to 8 grain streams per oscillator
• 400 presets dedicated to atmospheric pads and evolving textures
• SoftGrain Wave ROM with hundreds of sounds for custom presets and individual tweaks
• 10-stage Modulation Matrix with Note Expression support
• 12 different filter types for each layer
• Step Modulator for rhythmic triggering of oscillators, filters, amp and pan
• 2 LFOs and ADSR for filters and amp envelopes
• Mono and Poly Mode with Legato and Glide
• FX Section with modulation and delay effects
• VST 3 compatible host application support
Availability and pricing
Padshop will be available from February 29, 2012, as download version through the Steinberg Online Shop website and requires Steinberg’s USB-eLicenser dongle.
The suggested retail price for Padshop is EUR 49.99, including German VAT, and GBP 42.34, including British VAT.
Visit Steinberg for more.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Two Notes Updates Torpedo PI-FREE Two Notes has updated Torpedo PI-FREE. The new version is available for download.
- Mixed In Key Mashup Mixed In Key has released Mashup for Windows and Mac OS X.
- unItOne MIDI Controller unItOne was designed with Ableton Live in mind but the format isd esigned to be generic for use with any DAW.