Sinevibes Torsion hybrid synth for Mac OS X
Sinevibes offers Mac OS X users the new Torsion monophonic hybrid synth in Audio Unit format.
Torsion combines multiple synthesis technologies and modulation sources, with three oscillators going into a low-pass filter and into an amplifier. But unlike subtractive synthesis, the oscillators produce simple additive waves based on just a few partials, which are then enriched with new spectral content using a technique called waveshape modelling (which literally "curls" the wave in real time).
- Three oscillators each with four basic additive waveforms and four waveshape models
- -24 dB/octave resonant low-pass filter
- -12 dB/octave high-pass filter
- Ring modulator
- Modulation oscillator for low-pass filter FM
- Four tempo-synchronised LFO generators with four waveforms and per-cycle randomisation
- Two AHDSR envelope generators
- Two-dimensional chaos modulation generator based on Lorenz attractor
- 50 preset patches, with more to be added in future updates
Torsion is sold $49 and is only available in Audio Unit plugin version. You can listen to audio samples and download demo version at www.sinevibes.com/torsion/.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Waveshaper Stix305 Rawtronix available for iOS The Waveshaper Stix305 Rawtronix is now available for Beatmaker 2 or Nanostudio on iOS and sold by Sunsine Audio.
- Tek'it Audio launches Badass 2 Tek'it Audio update its Badass distorsion VST plug-in for Windows in a version 2 loaded with more effects.
- Boscomac Freezbee and Vertigo Wave French editor Boscomac has released two new free add-ons for Reaktor, respectively a freeze effect and an Ondes Martenot simulation.