The Tone2 Electra2 is out
The new version of the Tone2 virtual synthesizer, Electra2, is now available for download.
Here is what you will find in Electra2:
- 4 synthesizers in a single interface
- 14 synthesis methods that can be combined (VA, FM, wavetable, ultrasaw, re-synthesis, physical modeling, phase distortion, PWM, noise, ring modulation, etc.)
- Psycho-acoustic processing
- Multiple playing modes: monophonic, legato, polyphonic and glide
- 64 x 4 voices
- Multi-timbral 4x
- Stereo Unison 4x
- More than 3000 sounds and 1230 presets by professional sound designers
- 18 types of filters
- 46 types of oscillators including three multi-synthesis osc
- 32 types of effects: a Master section with EQ, reverbs, delays, phaser, vibrato, tremolos, chorus, flanger, trancegate, compressor, rotary simulation, a vocoder, etc.
- More than 1000 waveforms
- Multimode distortion/waveshaper
- 3 LFO, global or per voice and a Step LFO, tempo syncable
- 4 envelope generators
- 4 skins for the GUI
- MIDI Learn
Electra2 is a VST and AU plug-in for Mac OS X (Intel, PowerPC and G4/G5) and Windows 32 and 64-bit (XP and later). It is also available in standalone version on both platforms. Tone2 adds that it will work with touch screens. Its price is 149€ and ElectraX users can purchase an upgrade for 79€. You can also download a trial version at tone2.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- ToneBytes adds birds to your music ToneBytes, in partnership with Softrave, announce the release of Birds Noise, a VST plug-in that will take you to the countryside.
- USB audio soon on Android? That’s a new that will please many musiciens using Android smartphones and tablets: they soon will be able to send audio through USB.
- Friday’s Freeware: Hysteresis Modulation, glitch, stutter and delay, here’s what’s on the menu this week with a free GlitchMachines plug-in.