U-He Zebra 2.5.1 + Zebralette Free
Urs Heckmann (u-he) presents a new version of Zebra: v2.5.1 is now available for download.
Improvements include the new oscillator effects and 64-bit support.
Urs also decided to offer Zebralette for free. Zebralette started out as "magware" and then became part of the Zebra bundle as a learning tool for Zebra's powerful oscillators. Zebralette is still automatically installed together with Zebra, but now has no demo limitations.
Read more about Zebralette here.
U-He have also dropped the old $20 charge for upgrading from Zebra1 AU to Zebra2. All Zebra1.x license owners can retrieve a free Zebra 2.5 license from the support section.
Key changes announced by u-he:
- adds about 70 new factory presets (Howard Scarr)
- adds Zebrify presets (Tasmodia)
- includes new manuals
- adds two new spectral effects (Phase Distortion and Wrap)
- includes native 64-bit support for Mac AU and VST Win
- adds Cocoa view to AU version
- loud spikes while switching presets now eliminated
- improved timing stability for swing (affects LFOs and arpeggiator)
- improved timing for MSEGs
- improved CPU usage for RTAS (Mac) version
- RTAS (Mac) now supports ctrl+alt+cmd+click (“3-finger salute”) automation
- improved installers, take Win7 permissions issues into account
- Zebralette is now freeware, includes extra presets (also by Howard)
- various bugs and niggles fixed, minor GUI improvements
- upgrade from Zebra1 AU is now free
Viewers of this article also read...
- Steinberg LoopMash Free & v1.1 Steinberg today released the 1.1 update to its LoopMash app as well as presenting a free version of LoopMash for iPhone and iPod touch users with iOS4.
- Samplecraze Creative Force Creative Force is described as a tribute to RZA, who Samplecraze says is "responsible for a whole new style and sub-genre of Hip Hop."
- CPU Productions Updates Groove Detective CPU Productions today announced the release of a new version of Groove Detective (and it’s MIDI sibling).