apeSoft has introduced iDensity, an iPad app designed to bring Density/Pulsaret (Mac/Win standalone) Granular Synthesis tools to the tablet.
iDensity is a new real-time software designed for asynchronous sound file granulation, to generate a range of effects: time/pitch shifting, time/pitch jittering, textures, grain fountain/pulverizer, recording and manipulation of buffers, scrub pad exploration, dynamic envelope shape and more.
iDensity for iPad is desiged to give you the tools you need to manipulate sound in various ways. iDensity allows you to record audio with your iPad mic and load up to nine built-in sound sample or add your own WAV, AIFF, CAF, MP3, M4A or MP3 files via iTunes.
With iDensity it is possible to record the stereo output (of granulation) into the documents folder while scrubbing in the wavepad or moving granulation parameters in real-time. The mixdown/audio results can then be synchronized with/in iTunes.
- Nine built-in sound samples.
- Record audio with iPad mic.
- Add WAV, AIFF, CAF, MP3, M4A or MP3 files via iTunes.
- Capture audio output- up to eight shapes for the grain envelope.
- Record the granulation audio output.
- WavePad zoom selection- wavePad scrub.
- WavePad peak normalize- etc.
iDenisty for iPad will be available from the iTunes App Store soon.
More information: iDensity
Viewers of this article also read...
- Tascam iXZ Tascam has introduced the iXZ, a pocket sized mic/instrument input for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
- Dmitry Sches Updates Diversion Dmitry Sches has updated Diversion, a software synthesizer for Windows.
- Daniel Stawczyk Releases PLUS Daniel Stawczyk (Status) releases PLUS, a 128-preset soundset for LittleOne by Xhun Audio.