[NAMM] Korg launches Gadget for iPad
Korg adds to your iPad a collection of 15 virtual synths and drum boxes called Gadget, an app that debuts at the NAMM Show 2014.
With Gadget, you can free combine any of the 15 virtual instruments to create electronic music. Depending on your iDevice, you will be able to use up to 20 instruments simultaneously (and almost the double with the Freeze feature enabled). Each synth and drum box offers easily-accessible parameters so that beginners can quickly start creating music.
The 15 built-in instruments are a real journey around the world…
- Amsterdam: a 4-part PCM boombox with hundreds of sound effects and chord samples to create chord progressions
- Brussels: monophonic Anthem synth for leads
- Dublin: monophonic subtractive semi-modular synth with a vintage look designed for bass sounds
- Miami: monophonic wobble synth with X-MOD oscillator that generates complex overtones and modulations, and a Crush sound for adding noise
- Chiang Mai: polyphonic VPM (variable phase modulation) synth to create metallic sounds
- Chicago: Tube Bass Machine for acid house and other electronic styles, with a Bite filter that ranges from classic bass synth to aggressive distorted tones, an arpeggiator and a multi-effect
- Helsinki: polyphonic synth for ambient and chillwave with reverb and Lo-Fi effects
- Kiev: Advanced “Spatial” digital synth with vector synthesis, 4 oscillators and a mystery Warp sound that can be controlled with the touch pad
- Kingston: “cheap” polyphonic synth for 8-bit game sounds, with Jump and Run functions and effects to deform the sound
- London: PCM “hypersonic” drum box for dance music, with more than 400 samples and 4 effects, including a master effect
- Marseille: PCM polyphonic synth with keyboard, brass, strings and synth sounds, as well as a Chord function
- Phoenix: classic VA polyphonic synth
- Tokyo: VA percussive synth with 4 kick, snare, tom and percussion modules
- Wolfsburg: hybrid polyphonic synth with digitally resampled waveforms, two effect sections and four modulation matrix sections
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] Behringer Motör MIDI keyboards Behringer unveiled at NAMM 2014 the new Motör USB/MIDI keyboard series, with two 49 and 61-key models.
- [NAMM] Waves introduces SoundGrid Studio Waves showcased at Winter NAMM 2014 the new SoundGrid Studio software platform for Mac OS X and Windows.
- [NAMM] Zoom launches a Thunderbolt audio interface Zoom introduces at NAMM 2014 the TAC-2 ultra-compact audio interface equipped with Thunderbolt connection for Mac computers.