The Korg M1 is now an iPad app
Korg announces the availability at the AppStore of a new synth app for iPad that reproduces the sound of the original M1 workstation.
Called iM1, this new Korg app uses the sound library of the M1 workstation manufactured in the 80s. Korg analyzed the circuits and global design of the workstation and created a detailed software emulation.
But Korg went further by adding new developments. Here’s what you’ll find in this iM1:
- Added a filter resonance setting and VDA modulation to the synth parts
- 18 effects instead of 2
- Added a Kaoss Pad to the GUI
- A sound library of 3,300 files and 34 ROM cards, including the 19 original expansion cards, sounds of the M1EX, Korg T-Series and a selection of 100 programs from the m1 (expansion cards are available via in-app purchase)
- Smart sound browser with the ability to see which sounds are used by owners of the app worldwide
- Smart keyboard that allows for specifying a scale and play phrases with a single finger
- Compatible with the Korg Gadget app ; if both apps are installed on the iPad, the iM1 serves as a sound module in Gadget
- Audiobus and Inter-app audio support
- Can be played with an external USB MIDI keyboard via a Lightning adapter
- Ability to export the iM1 sounds to a Mac or PC via iTunes, they are compatible with the Korg Legacy Collection M1
- Ability to export the iM1 sounds to the orignal M1 in an exclusive format
The Korg iM1 app is available for the introductory price of €/$ 19.99 until June 30th (33% savings) at the AppStore.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The Audient iD14 audio interface is out Audient is now shipping the new iD14 audio interface and monitoring controller that they introduced at Musikmesse a few weeks ago.
- MOTU Bob Moog Foundation Encore Soundbank MOTU collaborated with almost 30 artists to create a synth library to benefit the Bob Moog Foundation and Dr. Bob’s SoundSchool.
- Goodhertz has a Good Dither for Mac Goodhertz introduces Good Dither, a small dithering plug-in for Mac OS X available for less than $20.