The Flamingo mics back to the JZ catalog
JZ Microphones announces that they are taking over the full production of the Flamingo series of mics formerly sold by Violet Design.
JZ Microphones explains that the Flamingo Series have always been manufactured in Latvia but for many years, Estonian brand Violet Design has been in charge of the distribution. Juris Zarins, the creator of the Flamingo mics and founder of the JZ Microphones brand, thought that it was time both production and distribution went back to Latvia and also decided to refresh the lineup.
The new JZ Microphones Flamingo Series now features four microphones: the Flamingo 47 (Vintage, with a 6267 vacuum tube), Flamingo 67 (Standard with a 6267 vacuum tube), Flamingo Junior (condenser with a single VD26 26mm capsule) and Stereo Flamingo (two VD26 capsules with rotary heads). The Flamingo Vintage and Standard models now sport an updated Metallic Black finish and all the mic have a 10-year warranty. Note that JZ Microphones will also handle the warranty for Flamingo microphones purchased earlier under the Violet Design brand.
Pricing of the new Flamingo microphones (taxes excluded):
- The Flamingo 47 (Vintage): 3,035 €
- The Flamingo 67 (Standard): 3,299 €
- The Flamingo Junior: 821.71 €
- The Stereo Flamingo: 1,984 €
Discover the new Flamingo Series at jzmic.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Merging Technologies NADAC converters Merging Technologies announces the release of NADAC, their very first digital-to-analog analog that supports Ravenna network.
- N-Audio introduces the EVA tube mic preamp N-Audio has recently launched a new Class A tube mic preamp with vintage sound and modern features.
- Apogee releases Groove compact DAC At Winter NAMM, Apogee introduced a small DAC converter and headphone amp called Groove. It is now shipping to authorized retailers.