The Flamingo mics back to the JZ catalog
JZ Microphones announces that they are taking over the full production of the Flamingo series of mics formerly sold by Violet Design.
JZ Microphones explains that the Flamingo Series have always been manufactured in Latvia but for many years, Estonian brand Violet Design has been in charge of the distribution. Juris Zarins, the creator of the Flamingo mics and founder of the JZ Microphones brand, thought that it was time both production and distribution went back to Latvia and also decided to refresh the lineup.
The new JZ Microphones Flamingo Series now features four microphones: the Flamingo 47 (Vintage, with a 6267 vacuum tube), Flamingo 67 (Standard with a 6267 vacuum tube), Flamingo Junior (condenser with a single VD26 26mm capsule) and Stereo Flamingo (two VD26 capsules with rotary heads). The Flamingo Vintage and Standard models now sport an updated Metallic Black finish and all the mic have a 10-year warranty. Note that JZ Microphones will also handle the warranty for Flamingo microphones purchased earlier under the Violet Design brand.
Pricing of the new Flamingo microphones (taxes excluded):
- The Flamingo 47 (Vintage): 3,035 €
- The Flamingo 67 (Standard): 3,299 €
- The Flamingo Junior: 821.71 €
- The Stereo Flamingo: 1,984 €
Discover the new Flamingo Series at jzmic.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The best 8-inch powered monitor speakers for less than 700€ per pair Sometimes you need a couple of big speakers, but can't necessarily afford them. Don't panic! There are some speakers with an 8-inch woofer that can manage the low end quite decently without setting you back more than 700€ (about $800). We haven't tested all of them, but you probably have had (or have) the chance to listen to most of them.
- Setting up your home studio – Part 6 So far we have focused on the room that will accommodate your home studio, its soundproofing and acoustics. The time has come to start thinking about everything that will go inside. Let's begin with the one thing you can't do without: a monitoring system.
- Setting Up Your Home Studio - Part 5 Having a soundproof home studio is very nice. But that's far from enough to make a room ideal to record and mix music. Enter acoustic treatment.