The PPG WaveGenerator updated
Wolfgang Palm updated his PPG WaveGenerator iPad synth to version 2, which expands the MIDI capacities.
The PPG WaveGenerator is based on wavetables and it allows user to create his own wavetables from pictures (photos from the album or taken from the camera). The waves are collected in a grid of 256 fields, and includes 3 oscillators with independent control of pitch, waveform and glide. 3 noise generators, a classic 24dB/octave low-pass filter, 13 envelopes, 4 LFOs, and arpeggiator and delay/reverb effects are also included. You can record up to 10 minutes of stereo audio at 44.1kHz, copy it to the pasteboard and share it via iTunes. The app is also compatible with Audiobus.
What's new in version 2:
- Virtual and hardware MIDI output
- MIDI Poly pressure
- Touch keyboard extensions
- Several enhancements and corrections
The PPG WaveGenerator is available on the AppStore for 17.99€ / $19.99. It requires iOS 5.1 or above.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The KissBox RTP-MIDI now supports the iPad The new KissBox RTP-MIDI v5.5 firmware now allows CoreMIDI connection to the iPad and iPhone via WiFi.
- Garritan launches a Harp library Garritan reworked its GigHarp library and introduces today Harps, a new virtual harp collection for the ARIA Player.
- Dante Virtual Soundcard update and special offer Audinate announced enhancements to its Dante Virtual Soundcard software for Windows and a special offer until the end of May 2013.