Magellan Synth App updated to v2.1
Yonac updated its Magellan synth app on iPad to version 2.1, which adds compatibility with Audiobus.
New in Magellan v2.1:
- Smart Preset Aggregation with Windowed raNdomization (SPAWN) that uses artifical intelligence algorithms to generate new presets on-the-fly, makes decisions based on the user-specified tonality parameters, generate over 100 synth-related parameter and over 80 fx-related parameters, and arp patterns in any chosen scale, or in a random scale
- Surprise Me option for complete control to the system
- Retains 16 most recent spawns in memory under the dedicated "Recent Spawns" bank
- Two new free effects: HEXEq (6-channel parametric equalizer with 9 filter types) and VC-93 Compressor
- Change the FX signal flow via easy to use drag-n-drop interface. Allows you to experiement with any possible linear ordering.
- MIDI inlets for all the new features
- Master output meter with clipping indicators on the main panel
- Improved launch procedure
- Favorite presets bank to collect your preferred presets in a single place. Simply star or unstar a preset to add or remove it from favorites.
- Recent presets banks
- Restore Factory Presets option, so you can reinstall factory presets without having to reinstall the whole app
- Compatible with Audiobus
- Various other improvements
Yonac also offers two free patch banks compatible with Magellan Jr on iPhone/iPod Touch. They can be downloaded at www.yonac.com/forum.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Spitfire Grand Cimbalom for Kontakt Spitfire completes its sonic arsenal for Kontakt with Grand Cimbalum, a virtual instrument sold at the special introductory price of £41.
- Diversion available for Mac OS X Dmitry Sches' virtual synth, Diversion, is now available on Mac OS X, after its introduction on Windows, and sold at a special price.
- ToneBoosters launches TB FlX and updates plugins ToneBoosters add to its plugin collection the TB FlX equalizer and dynamic processor and update all of its AU and VST plugins to v2.8.5.