Big Fish Audio RiG

All user reviews for the Big Fish Audio RiG

• Urban sounds

Big Fish Audio RiGPublished on 10/26/12 at 23:07
    The Urban Workstation by Big Fish RiG is a sample library that is run by Kontakt Player. It is very affordable only costing 159 dollars. You do need to have Kontakt player to use the samples, I already owned Kontakt player before purchasing the Urban Workstation but if you don’t have Kontakt player you can download it for free. Installing it was quick and easy. All you have to do is download it directly from the site after you pay, then install it on your system. Immediately you will notice how fast it is, for it to be such a big program I thought that I would have experienced a little lack when switching presets and sounds. But that is not the case, you switch a sound or preset and the next one opens up almost instantly. The value of the Urban Workstation for the price is very good. You will get a huge sample library of royalty free samples and sounds that you can use in all of your music right away without having to do a bunch of EQ. Each sound and preset seems to be created by some really good sound designers. Most all of the sounds and presets are usable, there are a few of them that really were not that appealing to me but I can live with a few bad ones here and there.

Overall I am pretty happy with my choice to purchase the Urban Workstation. I am looking forward to more of the sample libraries they put out in the near future. Hopefully when they put out another one it will have some more synths. I feel like the synths kind of got shorted out because of all of the other stuff they included. I have been using the Urban Workstation since June and plan on using it a lot more over the next few months.