< Tous les avis XILS-lab XILS 3
XILS-lab XILS 3
Saint Ethic Saint Ethic
Published on 12/08/09 at 00:59

</span></span> <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"> <span style="font-size: 10pt; color: black; font-family: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: 11pt; color: black; font-family: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;">No problem for installation.
No compatibility issue, I use it with Cubase 4.
Minihost tested and VSTHost: OK
A reserve compared to the manual is not French, it would have served with me who am not good to have an English version that can help me understand the operation of the sequencer part of XIL-3 , I can not use properly ...</span></span> <span style="font-size: 10pt; color: black; font-family: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: 11pt; color: black; font-family: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;">

</span></span> <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"> <span style="font-size: 10pt; color: black; font-family: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: 11pt; color: black; font-family: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;">I put only 8 for the lack of doc in French.</span></span> <span style="font-size: 10pt; color: black; font-family: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"><span style="font-size: 11pt; color: black; font-family: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;">

</span></span>

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"> <span style="font-size: 10pt; color: black; font-family: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;">Motherboard: Asus P8Q
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
Ram: 4 GB
External Sound Card M-Audio Firewire 410

No problem running on my config, reasonable consumption.</span>

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"> <span style="font-size: 10pt; color: black; font-family: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;">I use it for about 3 months.
What I like most: The SOUND!
The modulation possibilities are simply monstrous ...
Ideal for the hack, the effects typed JM Jarre, Tangerine Dream or the Floyd ...
But (thanks to the stability that comes with software version from the VCS3) can very well use it to make very good lead sound, bass, etc..
And any metal sounds typified by the Ring Modulator.
Waiting for the next 18db filter, which will be closer to the VCS3.

Besides, it would seem interesting to have a setting for introducing a factor of instability on the oscillators, filter, etc.. To get closer to the behavior of VCS3 (defects which may be qualities) .

Additional modules are a real asset (LFO, S & H, Envelopes ...), free to use them or not if you want to stay closer to the VCS3, or search for more modern sounds.
The effects are good bills. (There is more possibility to use the second matrix for change!).

This is clearly a synth for those who want it put your hands dirty (as is the case mapomme), those seeking just a ROMpleur can spend their way ...
I had the opportunity to test the version of Synthi Rehberg (Synthi AVs) I much prefer the XILS3 and not just because the Synthi AVS is very expensive (still version 1.0 for ages!), But because it he sounds just better!</span>

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"> <span style="font-size: 10pt; color: black; font-family: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;">I think it gives a pretty good idea of what can make the true VCS3.</span>

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"> <span style="font-size: 10pt; color: black; font-family: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;">Very good value for money (especially since I received the promotion he had this summer).
I would not hesitate to make the election again, even at high prices.</span>