Genuine Soundware / GSi VB3
Genuine Soundware / GSi VB3
songboy songboy
Publié le 11/14/09 à 08:24
There are absolutely no compatibility issues with my Macbook, Logic 9 or Ableton 7.
The manual is clear enough.  I have never really played a real B3 so I wanted to learn exactly what every parameter did.  It was sufficient enough to make me comfortable on using the interface.
If you are familiar with the workings of a tube organ, than yes, this configuration is simple.  If like me, you are not, it takes only a few minutes (1 hour tops) to get very comfortable.
Yes, all the typical functions are easily accessible.

So far, the VB3 has worked flawlessly.  It responds to my DAW and midi boards very well and sounds great too.
The VB3 has never crashed on me and has never had a problem instantiating.
I have to give this a 10 out of 10.  GSi really knows what they are doing, this thing sounds great and always gets complements when heard.
I have been using this plugin for 6 months.

The best thing about this plugin as with all GSi plugins, is the superb sound.  I have been around B3's enough to know that the plugin is not a real B3.  GSi did a fantastic job getting a great sounding organ in my laptop, but nothing will ever compare to the beauty that is a B3.  Especially if you have a Leslie cabinet too.  Despite all that, this is a great plugin for those like myself who can't afford a B3 yet.
There is nothing I don't like about this plugin.  Good Jog GSi.
The sound quality and precision is as close to the real deal as I have ever heard.  Logic 9 and Ableton 7 have plugins that are modeled after a B3, but they are no where near the quality that the VB3 is.  I also have access to Native Instruments B4.  It is hard to decide which is better, the B4 has so many great presets, where the VB3 is lacking.  But overall, I find myself drifting towards the VB3 when I want that B3 growl.
I paid $100 for this plugin and I think it is worth every penny.
I would gladly buy this plugin again if I didn't own it already.