AudioThing introduces Hats
AudioThing has released Hats, a drum synthesizer plugin dedicated to hi-hat and cymbal sounds.
Hats features two independent sources: synthesized noise and sample section. Instead of generic white or pink noise, the noise section features 6 square wave oscillators with different pitches and phases, in a way reminiscent of a TR808. The result is a noise sound with a controllable metallic character.
The factory bank comes with more than 50 samples, ranging from analog drum machines to real acoustic hi hats and cymbals. Some of the samples were also processed with a classic Aphex Aural Exciter and recorded to tape with a vintage Revox B77 MkII. Both sources can then be processed using 4 included effects: Ring Modulator, Bit Crusher, Filter, and Reverb. The effects can also be arranged in any order with a simple drag and drop.
The filter section features an HighPass and BandPass in series; both filters are 12dB/oct state variable filters with zero delay feedback.
- Two Sources: synthesized noise and custom sample
- 55 Samples / 80 Presets
- Ring Modulator, Bit Crusher, Reverb, Filter (SVF/ZDF)
- Preset system with randomizer
- Formats: VST, AU, and AAX (32/64bit)
- Platforms: OSX, Windows
Introductory price is €39 instead of €49. More details at www.audiothing.net.
Viewers of this article also read...
- VirSyn updates Matrix to v2.4 VirSyn’s software vocoder Matrix has been updated to version 2.4.
- Audiority releases Polaris Audiority introduces the Polaris Early Digital Echo/Reverb, a plugin that, well, does all of the above.
- Flash sale on Waves' LoAir Today only, Waves offers its LoAir subharmonic generator for $29.