EDIT: Punch-BD now on all DAWs
Rob Papen’s Bass Drum Synth was previously only available for Reason, it will soon be ported to VST, AU and AAX formats for Mac and PC.
The Punch-BD bass drum synth and sample player is based on the Rob Papen’s Punch instrument, but focuses only on bass drums. You can use up to 6 sounds (pads) and spread them onto your MIDI keyboard or stack them to create new sounds. Rob Papen will include sounds but you can also use your own samples. Various processors will also be available for sound tweaking.
- 6 pads that can be combined
- Each pad can be used in Synth or Sample modes
- 4 different synthesis models
- 4 classic electronic bass drum samples and 31 Punch samples
- 2 sample slots, each with amp/pitch filter and envelope and its filter envelope
- 20 types of distortion and separate destinations for each pad
- 3 bank graphic EQs per pad with frequency, bandwidth and gain controls
- True Bypass, solo and mute per pad
- 2 envelopes, 2 LFOs and 8 modulation slots
- Mixer with volume and pan
- 4 effect processors with 32 different types: mono, stereo, tape, wah wah delays, reverbs, comb filter, chorus, flanger, phaser, distortion, lo-fi, amp simulation, ring modulation, filters, compressors, EQ, ensemble, noise gate and more
- Effect routing to 5 different paths (or outputs in the multichannel version)
- Play modes: stack, tuned stack, 6 notes, Seq (sequential playback of the 6 pads), Tuned Seq, and Central note with fine or semi-tuning for the whole presets
- EasyPage with sliders to adjust the main parameters on the fly
EDIT: Punch-BD is now available for Mac OS X and Windows in VST, AU and AAX 32 and 64-bit with a price of 49€ / $59 and you can download a trial version from www.robpapen.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Blue Cat Audio launches a Scripting plug-in Blue Cat Audio once again goes beyond the beaten paths and unveils a plug-in that allows you to script your own virtual instruments and effects.
- All Holderness Media effects in a bundle Holderness Media released on the AppStore a bundle with their 5 effect processors for iPad, with a special introductory price.
- Feelyoursound is calling beta testers Feelyoursound is currently working on v1.3 update for its Sundog Scale Studio and is looking for beta testers before the final release.