[NAMM] Rob Papen Punch
With Punch, Rob Papen delivers new software instrument synthesized drums.
Punch lets you use synthesis to build your own drum-kit, and your own samples can be loaded into Punch to complete your kit. Your sounds can then be crafted using the features, filters and synth power known from other RP synthesizers.
Punch also features a built in sequencer. These grooves can be triggered in a live environment to build a song, but are also good for improvisation and jamming.
- 2 Bass Drum with 4 different models and 18 built in samples
- 2 Snare Drum with 2 models and 33 built in samples
- 2 Open Hihat and 2 Closed Hihat, with 3 models and 12 built in samples
- 3 Toms with 2 models and 8 built in samples
- 2 Claps with 3 models, and 13 built in samples
- 3 User Drum , with5 models and 37 samples
- 8 Dual Sample slot, each with there own amp / pitch envelopes & filter and filter envelope.
- Each drum has it's own 'easy controls', distortion (20 different models) , output destination (to dry or any of the 4 fx/ output channels) , and choke groups.
- Each drum can be preview and selected by clicking in the Drum Preview Pad.
Punch has it's own internal sequencer which can play 8 different patterns of up to 16 steps long (4 Grooves & 4 Break patterns) , these having a swing and humanization controls.
Each pattern is composed of 4 tracks, each track having its own drum output.
Each step in each track can have different velocity, panning, pitch , envelope speed & flaming, and each pattern also has two free step values which can be used to modulate controls.
Punch has 2 envelopes, 2 LFOs and 8 modulation slots , which allow to use a variety of modulation sources to control Punch's parameters.
The Mixer screen shows the volume & panning of all the controls , plus the fx mix & panning, allows to mix the drum sounds.
FX 1 to 4
4 FXs, each with 25 different type of fx (delays, reverbs, chorus , distortions etc), which can arrange in 5 different ways. In the multi-channel version of Punch, these fx are output to the different output channels.
Manager screen, which shows all the presets, banks & presets, allows to load, save, copy & paste etc them, including the find function.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] Arturia Spark Video Demo New Arturia Spark video on AudioFanzine
- [NAMM] Roland UM-One Roland U.S. introduces the new UM-One USB MIDI Interface, a compact MIDI interface for hobbyists, musicians, and educators who need MIDI connectivity to control or record music with a computer.
- [NAMM] Akai SynthStation 49 Video Demo New Akai SynthStation 49 video on AudioFanzine