[NAMM] Tascam TA-1VP Vocal Processor
Tascam and Antares Audio Technologies have collaborated to create the TA-1VP Vocal Processor, a single-rackspace processor for live performance, house of worship or studio use.
The TA-1VP uses the new Evo version of Antares’ Auto-Tune processing for real-time pitch correction and doubling of the input vocal. Antares’ TEC Microphone and Tube Modeling is also included.
The Tascam TA-1VP includes both a microphone input and line input. Compression, gating, de-essing and equalization are available for the input signal. The front-panel interface is covered with dedicated, illuminated buttons and meters to show what the unit is doing. Factory presets and user memory slots recall the ideal settings for your vocal style, and real-time MIDI control is also provided.
Built for every audio application from live performance to studio mixdown, Tascam’s TA-1VP is the only hardware processor with Auto-Tune technology for flawless vocal intonation.
- Antares Auto-Tune Evo real-time pitch correction with enhanced tracking and correction capabilities
- Antares Microphone Modeling simulates a variety of high-end studio microphones with variable proximity effect
- Analog tube modeling effect
- Variable-knee compression
- Downward-expanding gate processor
- Variable frequency de-esser
- 2-band parametric EQ
- Automatic mono or stereo doubletracking
- User-programmable settings
- Dynamic MIDI control
- XLR microphone input with phantom power
- 1/4” balanced line input and output
- S/PDIF digital output
- 1/4" footswitch input
More info at www.tascam.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- The best 8-inch powered monitor speakers for less than 700€ per pair Sometimes you need a couple of big speakers, but can't necessarily afford them. Don't panic! There are some speakers with an 8-inch woofer that can manage the low end quite decently without setting you back more than 700€ (about $800). We haven't tested all of them, but you probably have had (or have) the chance to listen to most of them.
- Setting up your home studio – Part 6 So far we have focused on the room that will accommodate your home studio, its soundproofing and acoustics. The time has come to start thinking about everything that will go inside. Let's begin with the one thing you can't do without: a monitoring system.
- Setting Up Your Home Studio - Part 5 Having a soundproof home studio is very nice. But that's far from enough to make a room ideal to record and mix music. Enter acoustic treatment.