IK Multimedia Sampletank 2 XL
IK Multimedia Sampletank 2 XL
DJ Henny DJ Henny

« Decent all purpose VST sampler »

Publié le 01/29/11 à 16:55
This VST installed nicely and quickly and has worked nicely on both of my computers. I have used it on a low end computer (1.8GHZ pentium and 1gb ram) as well as my current (2.5GHZ Core2Quad & 4GB ram) and it runs decently on both. On the low end PC it does suffer some delay and latency in the sound but other than that it is pretty fine. The lbirary is easily accessable and nice to use, and is operated via folders on display on the GUI of the VST. It is nicely organised into instrument types and then the actual instruments. It works nicely in both of the DAW's that I use, Ableton and FL Studio.

This software works well in FL Studio with no hiccups, however I have to run Ableton Live in administrator mode to get it to work, otherwise Ableton will display it as an unsupported vst. The bank of stock sounds that comes with Sampletank is very decent and is very good for acoustic instruments. The CPU load is pretty low too so there is no problems with stacking up sounds. The memory usage is also low for a VST of the nature that it is, it has hundreds upon hundreds of preset sounds in the library. There seems to be a problem with stability though, as this VST has crashed FL multiple times upon loading. I'm not sure if it is specific patches causing this or the VST itself.

I love some of the sounds on offer from this VST, especially the guitars and some of the strings. However the other acoustic sounds, most notably the pianos, on offer are extremely flat and dry. These sounds are designed for layering. I cannot seem to find a search function on the VST too, this makes finding patches previously used an absolute nightmare. I would still get this VST though knowing what I know now. Just a pre caution, make sure you know how to compress and EQ your sounds correctly before you purchase this VST.