[NAMM] Omnisphere 1.5 incl. "The Orb"
Spectrasonics has announced and demonstrated a new version of their Power Synth Omnisphere at NAMM 2011.
The synthesizer includes a new features, in particular a new interactive interface called "The Orb" offering real-time synthesis manipulation capabilities, along with additions to the synthesis engine and user interface. The update also includes features such as the new 5-Column Browser view and support for polyphonic aftertouch. The new version also includes an update to the factory patch library, taking advantage of the new sound design capabilities and bringing the total number of included sounds to over 8,000.
Highlights of Omnisphere 1.5:
- "Orb" 'circular sound manipulation' interface with Motion Recording and "Dice" button for variations and one-touch sound customization.
- Expanded Synthesis capabilities:
- Harmonia: New zoom page shows Harmonia parameters per layer adding up to 10 oscillators per patch with new independent modulation options for Levels and Fine Tuning on each Harmonia oscillator.
- Waveshaper: New zoom page with extreme new processing modules including polyphonic 'Crusher' and 'Reducer' sections with 'Force' and 'Animation' controls that can all be modulated.
- Granular Synthesis: New 'Speed' and 'Position' modes. New zoom page with new 'Granular Visualizer' showing a graphic model of the effect of parameter edits which makes Granular synthesis easier to use.
- Patch Library Update: Over 700 brand new patches created by renowned Spectrasonics sound development team gives Omnisphere over 5,000 patches and 8,000 total sounds.
- New 5-Column Browser view displays more sound categories and attributes simultaneously.
- New Online Video Tutorials for Version 1.5 capabilities.
- Support for new 'Omni TR' iPad app.
- New "Recently Added" Browser sorting option.
- Added support for MIDI devices which send polyphonic aftertouch.
- New 'Clone Part' feature allows easier editing/setup with multichannel MIDI controllers.
- New MIDI Learn hardware control mode follows Live Mode selection.
- Modulation Envelope points can be key-command snapped to semitone when modulating pitch.
- User-assignable Legato Interval rule added.
- FREE update for registered users of Omnisphere.
Pricing & Availability
Omnisphere is available now from all Spectrasonics dealers - MSRP $499 / €379.
Version 1.5 is set to be released February 15th, 2011.
The update will be free for all registered users and can be downloaded from the Spectrasonics website.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] iZotope Stutter Edit by BT iZotope has released Stutter Edit, its first collaboration with composer and electronic musician Brian Transeau (BT).
- [NAMM] Steinberg HALion Sonic Steinberg Media Technologies announced a new version 1.5 update to its HALion Sonic VST workstation.
- [NAMM] Arturia Analog Experience The Laboratory Video Demo New Arturia Analog Experience The Laboratory Video on AudioFanzine