Steinberg HALion 4 Trial Version Available
Steinberg today released the trial version of HALion 4.
HALion 4 is a virtual instrument combining sampling and synthesis technologies with mixing options, its morphing filter and FlexPhraser arpeggiator, the MegaTrig tool, over 40 effects and a library that features 1,600 sounds.
Features at a glance:
• 32-bit floating-point Steinberg audio engine with up to 192 kHz, 32 stereo outputs and 6-channel surround support
• User interface for customizing and saving windows and screen sets
• Multi-monitor support for overview of large projects
• Virtual Analog Synthesis Engine offers multiple oscillator types, additional sub and noise oscillators and cross-modulation support
• VST 3.5 and VST Expression 2 support for instrument articulation management and expression control on single-note level
• Signal routing with free assignable buses per layer, virtual audio mixing console with 8 inserts per channel and 4 Aux sends
• MegaTrig for programming of playing styles and articulations without page-filling scripting
• Drag and drop for sample mapping
• Unlimited undo/redo plus Undo History for sound experiments
• Automatic mapping during import
• Library with 1,600 instrument sounds
• 64-bit Disk-Streaming technology for sample playback
• Integrated MediaBay sound management system for access to the library
• Quick Controls per program and layer for access to sound and FX parameters and automation in the host
• Morphing filters blend between up to four of the 24 filter types
• FlexPhraser module for driving beats and arpeggios, plus tonal phrases with automatic articulation switching
• Range of audio effects on board including REVerence convolution reverb to fuel each program and layer with up to 8 insert effects
• Advanced Cubase integration including exchange of extended parameters like slice information and VST Expression Maps
• Import compatibility of HALion 3 sounds (FXP, HSB) and common formats as Giga, EXS and Kontakt
• Professional standalone version included
• Cross-platform compatibility with PC 32/64-bit (VST 3, VST 2.4) and Mac OS X 32/64-bit (VST 3, AU) plug-in support
Availability & Pricing:
The 60-day HALion 4 trial version is available through the Steinberg website and requires a USB-eLicenser dongle.
The full retail version of HALion 4 is available through the Steinberg Online Shop and authorized Steinberg resellers for EUR 349, including German VAT, and GBP 295, including British VAT.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Rent-to-own Ozone 9 and Neutron 3 together on Splice Splice has bundled iZotope’s latest software audio processors and offers them at a lower price through their rent-to-own program.
- Arturia AudioFuse 8PRE audio interface review Just over two years ago, French manufacturer Arturia first stepped into the world of audio interfaces. More recently at NAMM 2019, the Grenoble-based company announced two new models, one of which the AudioFuse 8Pre. Has it been a successful addition to the line?
- Antelope Discrete 4 Synergy Core review About a year and a half ago, Antelope released the Discrete, a new range of Thunderbolt & USB interfaces including discrete preamps, their famous FPGA module as well as the stack of audio effects that would usually come with it. Now back in June 2019, Antelope releases a new version of its Discrete 4, this time providing dual DSP chips in addition to the FPGA. Marketing ploy or real step forward?