Steinberg HALion 4 Trial Version Available
Steinberg today released the trial version of HALion 4.
HALion 4 is a virtual instrument combining sampling and synthesis technologies with mixing options, its morphing filter and FlexPhraser arpeggiator, the MegaTrig tool, over 40 effects and a library that features 1,600 sounds.
Features at a glance:
• 32-bit floating-point Steinberg audio engine with up to 192 kHz, 32 stereo outputs and 6-channel surround support
• User interface for customizing and saving windows and screen sets
• Multi-monitor support for overview of large projects
• Virtual Analog Synthesis Engine offers multiple oscillator types, additional sub and noise oscillators and cross-modulation support
• VST 3.5 and VST Expression 2 support for instrument articulation management and expression control on single-note level
• Signal routing with free assignable buses per layer, virtual audio mixing console with 8 inserts per channel and 4 Aux sends
• MegaTrig for programming of playing styles and articulations without page-filling scripting
• Drag and drop for sample mapping
• Unlimited undo/redo plus Undo History for sound experiments
• Automatic mapping during import
• Library with 1,600 instrument sounds
• 64-bit Disk-Streaming technology for sample playback
• Integrated MediaBay sound management system for access to the library
• Quick Controls per program and layer for access to sound and FX parameters and automation in the host
• Morphing filters blend between up to four of the 24 filter types
• FlexPhraser module for driving beats and arpeggios, plus tonal phrases with automatic articulation switching
• Range of audio effects on board including REVerence convolution reverb to fuel each program and layer with up to 8 insert effects
• Advanced Cubase integration including exchange of extended parameters like slice information and VST Expression Maps
• Import compatibility of HALion 3 sounds (FXP, HSB) and common formats as Giga, EXS and Kontakt
• Professional standalone version included
• Cross-platform compatibility with PC 32/64-bit (VST 3, VST 2.4) and Mac OS X 32/64-bit (VST 3, AU) plug-in support
Availability & Pricing:
The 60-day HALion 4 trial version is available through the Steinberg website and requires a USB-eLicenser dongle.
The full retail version of HALion 4 is available through the Steinberg Online Shop and authorized Steinberg resellers for EUR 349, including German VAT, and GBP 295, including British VAT.
Viewers of this article also read...
- G-Sonique Transient Shaping System+ G-Sonique has released Transient shaping system+ as part of their new G-Mix series+.
- Cakewalk Z3TA+ 2.1 Update Cakewalk announces availability of a free update for Z3TA+ 2.
- Focusrite Saffire MixControl v2.4 Focusrite have posted an update to Saffire Mix Control, the Mac and PC-compatible mixer software that comes with all Saffire Pro and Liquid Saffire Firewire audio interfaces.